Latest news:

Agustín Creevy - Well I never
Discussion started by Jonny_C , 01 October, 2020 09:31
Agustín Creevy - Well I never
Jonny_C 01 October, 2020 09:31
According to the august tome that is Wikipedia, Señor Crevvy has has paternal Irish ancestry.

O'Crevvy / O'Craoibhe ?

He must be installed as our captain (Sm109)

Re: Agustín Creevy - Well I never
GHA 01 October, 2020 10:22
You didn't edit this in yourself did you?

Finno 01 October, 2020 12:50
You couldn't get a more Irish name! and I hate the way some commentators pronounce it..

Cer revvey!!! argh!!!!!

bigbitty 01 October, 2020 20:21
It was noticeable in the Exeter match that Shamus O'Creevy was constantly talking to his team mates, encouraging them and cajoling them.

I don't know what his command of English is, but he may well turn out to be the best of our current crop of purchases.

Jonny_C 01 October, 2020 20:43
He was also chatting to “Tempo” to manage the game 😛.

franciscorrigan 01 October, 2020 21:38
Gus habla inglés y por lo tanto no tenemos aprender español (Sm63)

franciscorrigan 01 October, 2020 21:39
Not sure about his command of Irish though(Sm63)

HK Phooey 02 October, 2020 06:33
My mums milkman saw him drinking Guinness last week

bigbitty 02 October, 2020 08:21
Quote:
franciscorrigan
Not sure about his command of Irish though(Sm63)

He'll only need one english word, and change the "u" to an "e".

ExiledChameleon 02 October, 2020 15:26
Creevy not named in the Argentina squad. Free to play for us while the Rugby Championship is on. Disappointing for him, excellent for us.

SteveS 02 October, 2020 16:19
Big Irish immigrant history in Argentina so you get these names crop up. Che's full name was Che Guevara Lynch - and yes he was a decent open side for his club before turning his attention to more weighty matters of the world

ehfer 02 October, 2020 17:38
Pedantically... 'Che' is the Argentine equivalent of pal, buddy, mate, chum. His given name was Ernesto.

Despriarno 02 October, 2020 17:55
O'Crevvy ???

Probably as Irish as the famous O'Narmatge brothers

Gazzle 02 October, 2020 18:08
I'm certain in a recent match Ben Donnell became Ben O'Donnell with the BT commentator!

Exile_Dave 02 October, 2020 20:22
Quote:
Gazzle
I'm certain in a recent match Ben Donnell became Ben O'Donnell with the BT commentator!

Yeah, I heard the commentator say that aswell.

John H 04 October, 2020 00:11
"Mientras que Agustín Creevy, que llegó a London Irish este temporada y demostró estar en un gran nivel no irá al torneo por motivos personales."

I think all you polylinguists will understand above. I assume it means that Gus has made the decision to stay with LI rather than go to Australia with the Argentina team. Sorry, not sure where I got the quote from.

franciscorrigan 04 October, 2020 02:25
Mientras que Agustín Creevy, que llegó a London Irish este temporada y demostró estar en un gran nivel no irá al torneo por motivos personales."

While Agustin Creevy, who came to London Irish this season and proved to be at a great level, will not be going to the tournament for personal reasons.

Great for us. Not so great for Argentina(Sm63)

SixNineOne 04 October, 2020 08:26
I’m not surprised. If I were Mrs Creevy having just relocated to another country with a young family, I’m not sure I’d like my husband pushing off on an overseas tour for weeks on end, particularly with the prospect of another lockdown in the wings.

Rich. 04 October, 2020 09:06
I'm pretty certain Che played wing, fly half.and scrum half - not back row.

CharlieG 04 October, 2020 10:43
Quote:
Rich.

That was my understanding. Confirmed as a centre/fly half in an article for the 2007 RWC finals - [www.telegraph.co.uk] (although this is behind a firewall).

The article also mentions that although he was a back, he wore a scrum cap - which was simply not done in those days, although it's more common now.

Steelman 04 October, 2020 11:33
Quote:
CharlieG
Quote:
Rich.

That was my understanding. Confirmed as a centre/fly half in an article for the 2007 RWC finals - [www.telegraph.co.uk] (although this is behind a firewall).

The article also mentions that although he was a back, he wore a scrum cap - which was simply not done in those days, although it's more common now.
Quick check with the Motorcycle Diaries , but damn it , no numbers on the shirt ,, but from the actors demeanour, ,tackled like a Puma fly half !

John H 04 October, 2020 13:24
[www.ruck.co.uk]

He is third highest paid hooker in the Premiership on £180K. Luke Cowan-Dickie is on £230K and Jamie George on £200K.

O'Brien is third highest paid back row player on £400K behind Luateau and Faletau.

Margin_Walker 04 October, 2020 13:55
I would take anything from the Ruck talking about 'having looked at the data' with a pinch of salt.

On the plus side at least Naholo is on less than 300k given he doesn't make the back three top 3. Coleman also seems to be a steal.

Joking aside, the 180k figure for Creevy seem in the right ball park.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net