Latest news:

LI Player of the Season?
Discussion started by Shawshank , 02 October, 2020 23:06
LI Player of the Season?
Shawshank 02 October, 2020 23:06
With only one round to go we can safely dish out the gongs.

For me there are only 2 possible contenders, Albert or Blair. (Until lockdown FVDM would have been up with them).

Both are in the top 3 in the whole league for tackles, which is pretty incredible.

Albert edges it for being more of a threat in attack.

Does demonstrate the poor standards in our backs though, where really only Heps gets an honourable mention for consistency.

Re: LI Player of the Season?
cjm. 02 October, 2020 23:21
There have been some flashes of hope from our backs esp OHC and Loader but that is all. If they were consistently at their best that would be great.

I would add Coleman who was immense before injury.

Albert would edge it for me too.

Alphacat 02 October, 2020 23:36
Probably Botha if he had stayed. Initially thought OHC.

NickK 03 October, 2020 00:06
Based on Premiership stats, I would say it's between OHC, Blair and Albert [www.premiershiprugby.com]

franciscorrigan 03 October, 2020 00:45
Blair and Albert are the two stand-out players both before and after the mid-season break. Very hard to choose between them and they are both worth rather more than they get paid. I can't decide between them, so they share the title. OHC's stats look better than they really are because of the Gloucester game. If they were still with us, Steve Myler and FVDM would have been close, but not close enough to unseat Blair and Albert(Sm63)

tatthecraic3 03 October, 2020 08:27
Albert for me

jimbo800 03 October, 2020 08:41
Albert, he always put in his shift, even when the coaches were over playing him.

SixNineOne 03 October, 2020 09:04
I agree itís between Albert and Blair. If youíre being hypercritical, you might say that Albert drops the ball slightly too often and that Blair gives away a few too many penalties, but theyíre occupational hazards of their respective roles. For me Blair just shades it, his energy and determination are incredible. Iíd also give an honourable mention to Ollie Hoskins who invariably puts in a shift even when he finds himself going backwards as part of an underpowered scrum.

shimmieandshake 03 October, 2020 10:58
Albert probably takes it.

In addition to those already mentioned, I'd also say Rona has been good, especially when playing alongside Hepetema.

OHC and Donnell would probably share the win in a 'breakthrough' category, with honourable mentions for Cooke and WGC.

Blarney 03 October, 2020 18:02
Blair for me.

Albert close second.

Honourable mentions for: Rona, OHC and Rogerson

If Creevy had joined at the start of the season I have a feeling he would have taken it.

Despriarno 03 October, 2020 20:26
Albert

ExiledChameleon 04 October, 2020 20:34
Easily Blair for me. What a leader.

HMRH 04 October, 2020 21:02
Botha but he bailed on us albeit understandably. OHC or Tuisue and latterly Cornish and Creevy

Coleman also great

Tuisue for me

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net