Latest news:

Team's Up vs. Bristol
Discussion started by shimmieandshake , 03 October, 2020 12:06
Team's Up vs. Bristol
shimmieandshake 03 October, 2020 12:06
London Irish:
15 Tom Homer, 14 Ben Loader, 13 Curtis Rona, 12 Phil Cokanasiga, 11 Ollie Hassell-Collins, 10 Paddy Jackson, 9 Nick Phipps, 1 Allan Dell, 2 Agustin Creevy, 3 Sekope Kepu, 4 George Nott, 5 Chunya Munga, 6 Matt Rogerson ©, 7 Jack Cooke, 8 Albert Tuisue.

Replacements:
16 Matt Cornish, 17 Harry Elrington, 18 Ollie Hoskins, 19 Sebastian de Chaves, 20 Ben Donnell, 21 Ben Meehan, 22 Theo Brophy Clews, 23 James Stokes

Re: Team's Up vs. Bristol
shimmieandshake 03 October, 2020 12:07
I guess the most notable aspect is finally seeing our international front row packing down together. Looking forward to that.

Really looking forward to seeing how Munga and Cooke get on in playing amongst such an otherwise experienced pack.

shimmieandshake 03 October, 2020 12:10
Bristol:

15. Ioan Lloyd; 14. Luke Morahan, 13. Semi Radradra, 12. Siale Piutau (c), 11. Piers OíConor; 10. Max Malins, 9. Harry Randall; 1. Jake Woolmore, 2. Harry Thacker, 3. John Afoa, 4. Ed Holmes, 5. Joe Joyce, 6. Chris Vui, 7. Jake Heenan, 8. Ben Earl.

System players: 16. Will Capon, 17. Yann Thomas, 18. Kyle Sinckler, 19. Mitch Eadie, 20. Fitz Harding, 21. Andy Uren, 22. Callum Sheedy, 23. Sam Bedlow.

LI Bohemian 03 October, 2020 12:18
I think the team is probably the best we can manage at this time, I don't think it will better a hungry Bristol team with everything to play for but if the team is competitive, I'll be happier. If it isn't then we are a long way off a team we need to stay in the prem and I will harbour serious doubts about whether our management and couching team are good enough to push this team forward.

SixNineOne 03 October, 2020 12:26
The majority of our team put in an 80 minute shift on Wednesday evening so I wouldnít be surprised if it begins to show by the last quarter of the game. The bench is going to be particularly important so letís hope we donít get more enforced injury changes.

M51 03 October, 2020 12:33
That is a really good attacking Bristol side, that will score tries. If we can put in a performance against them, that will be good enough for me. The ongoing financial crisis is the greatest worry. If the stadiums remain closed into the next season then the premiership could be on the brink of collapse. So good luck for the team tomorrow and lets hope we can see an end to Covid.
COYI

NickK 03 October, 2020 15:57
OK, i'll take a punt at the final score. 20-18 again to Irish. COYI
Anyone else wager a scoreline?

franciscorrigan 03 October, 2020 17:37
Bookies have Bristol at -19 ??? Really.
Not sure they will be three tries better than us, unless we tire in the last 20, which is fairly likely after Wednesday. They need a win and a bonus point, but if they get the four tries early, they will empty their bench early to save players for the playoff.
So my head says:
Irish 24 Bristol 35

But we have history in screwing Bristol on the last day of the season. So my heart says:
Irish 24 Bristol 19

(Sm63)

NickK 03 October, 2020 21:39
Quote:
franciscorrigan
Bookies have Bristol at -19 ??? Really.
Not sure they will be three tries better than us, unless we tire in the last 20, which is fairly likely after Wednesday. They need a win and a bonus point, but if they get the four tries early, they will empty their bench early to save players for the playoff.
So my head says:
Irish 24 Bristol 35

But we have history in screwing Bristol on the last day of the season. So my heart says:
Irish 24 Bristol 19

(Sm63)
Here's to your heart, COYI

SixNineOne 04 October, 2020 08:24
The forecast for this afternoon is pretty wet and windy, which wonít suit Bristolís expansive style of play. We, on the other hand, have far more experience of dropping the ball...
As itís likely to be a scrum-heavy day, letís just hope we can achieve some sort of parity in the set piece and that Karl Dickson adjudicates it sensibly!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net