Latest news:

Next season
Discussion started by AlecW , 04 October, 2020 15:04
Next season
AlecW 04 October, 2020 15:04
According to the BT Sport commentators, we’re playing at Griffin Park next season...!

Re: Next season
mackemII 04 October, 2020 16:03
Quote:
AlecW
According to the BT Sport commentators, we’re playing at Griffin Park next season...!

That's because our game is on the red button Alec and we’ve got BT Sports 3rd string commentators. I'm unable to watch the game due to technical problems but is one of the commentary team Andy Goode by any chance?

HK Phooey 04 October, 2020 16:46
Wish I had technical problems

Bazzo 04 October, 2020 19:42
Playing Worcester and Tigers first up should actually define our season. Falcons will be in the mix for relegation too.

Fursa 05 October, 2020 12:40
Loose those games and we will be exchanging places with Saracens

HMRH 07 October, 2020 14:41
Any ideas or rumours on the signings?

SteveS 07 October, 2020 16:05
Well a building site scrapheap might be appropriate

Quote:
AlecW

Exilepaul 07 October, 2020 16:31
Quote:
HMRH
Any ideas or rumours on the signings?

Piers Francis, Simon Zebo, Kyle Eastmond and Joel Kpoku have all been mentioned doubt we will get any maybe 1, we released nearly 30 players and brought about 5 in and have about 20 less players than Exeter...... they'll be dieing to bring in a massive name because of Brentford but I'd rather we brought in players who arent exactly big names but will do a good job in the Prem and wont be on ridiculous money I.e Alex Dunbar or Matt Garvey and maybe a couple of South African boys personally I'd have loved too seen Johnny Williams come back

RodB 07 October, 2020 16:36
Dec K categorically denied we were signing Zebo in the last Zoom meeting.

Gazzle 07 October, 2020 18:29
Apart from the 2 centres already mentioned, who I assumed were mainly injury covers, can we expect any new signings (excluding Simmons)? I kind of assumed transfer dealings were done at the usual times, i.e. already, and not once the season actually ended.

franciscorrigan 07 October, 2020 18:30
definitely don't need Zebo, But a couple of Saffers, or a South Sea Islander or two, works for me(Sm63)

Ruckingood 08 October, 2020 07:02
Rumors of a quality center from Southern Hemisphere. Not on his last legs or injury prone. Deal done but not to be announced just yet.

PV 08 October, 2020 07:21
Please let it be umaga jensen

HMRH 08 October, 2020 09:02
I thought Dec said 1 forward and 1 back to come plus injury cover for centres?

AlecW 08 October, 2020 09:26
HMRH - last time I looked, a centre IS a back, so could be both a possible starter AND an injury cover...!

Blarney 08 October, 2020 09:35
Club Facebook page has posted a thank you and goodbye to the players who joined on short term contracts for the latter half of the season - but only names Seb de Chaves, Dan Norton and Ross Neal.

Does that mean Stokes is staying?

tatthecraic2 08 October, 2020 11:38
shame for Ross neal, thought he played very well for us and could have been a solid squad member.

defo more effective than M Williams IMHO

for a southern hemisphere centre... anyone know if Laumape's contract is coming up?! tongue sticking out smiley i can but dream

but think it could be joe Tomane from Leinster as its another Aussie!

HMRH 08 October, 2020 12:03
TJ off to Glasgow

Blarney 08 October, 2020 12:26
Quote:
HMRH
TJ off to Glasgow

Probably fair enough - with Blair, Rogerson, SOB and the emergence of Cooke, Donnell and IC-H he has slipped down the pecking order.

Good luck to him

Exilepaul 08 October, 2020 12:32
Quote:
tatthecraic2
shame for Ross neal, thought he played very well for us and could have been a solid squad member.
defo more effective than M Williams IMHO

for a southern hemisphere centre... anyone know if Laumape's contract is coming up?! tongue sticking out smiley i can but dream

but think it could be joe Tomane from Leinster as its another Aussie!

Will probably be someone at the Waratahs or someone who played for Ireland from 09-13

Blarney 08 October, 2020 13:29
Club Facebook post says that TJ is out on loan to Glasgow. Don't know how long he has left on his contract?

shimmieandshake 08 October, 2020 13:46
Joe Tomane sounds likely, given he's out of contract.

Umaga-Jensen does not, given he had his first All Blacks squad call-up in the last couple of weeks.

PV 08 October, 2020 13:54
It was a wish not a certainty- umaga jensen, tomane doesn’t excite me at all

Tom1215 08 October, 2020 16:52
Joe Tomane has already signed for another club

Oh wait did the dragons deal fall through?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2020 16:55 by Tom1215.

ExiledChameleon 08 October, 2020 17:11
Is this centre a replacement for Mr Rona reportedly heading back down south, or in addition to?

Ruckingood 08 October, 2020 17:57
Rona should be staying.. a 12 to cover Hep's long injury break.

tatthecraic3 08 October, 2020 21:10
Quote:
ExiledChameleon
Is this centre a replacement for Mr Rona reportedly heading back down south, or in addition to?

Wheres this report?!

Exilepaul 08 October, 2020 22:03
Quote:
ExiledChameleon

I'll be devastated if he leaves

ExiledChameleon 09 October, 2020 04:51
Quote:
Ruckingood
Rona should be staying.. a 12 to cover Hep's long injury break.

Good to hear. I heard an offhand comment that indicated that he was looking at going back down saff. If not the well though of centre will leave us with some very good options.

Paul_D 09 October, 2020 07:28
Quote:
Exilepaul
Quote:
ExiledChameleon

What? You mean we've actually got a player that you like?!

Exilepaul 09 October, 2020 11:25
Quote:
Paul_D
Quote:
Exilepaul
Quote:
ExiledChameleon

What? You mean we've actually got a player that you like?!

We support the team that's out there and Rona has performed well for us in a poorly coached setup. I'm more worried of when this group get fed of playing for K+K and we start getting hammered every wee....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net