Latest news:

England Training Squad
Discussion started by Blarney , 05 October, 2020 12:40
England Training Squad
Blarney 05 October, 2020 12:40
[www.skysports.com]

No OHC or Loader. Both of whom, in adversity, have surely shown more this season than Earle (who's been injured for a lot of it) and "butterfingers" Furbank?

Indeed, given the fact that no players from Exeter, Bath, Bristol, Wasps, Sale or Worcester due to play-offs/rescheduled matches...Irish are the only team in the prem from whom no players were picked. There's even one from Falcons!

A sad indictment, and a big clue as to why we find it hard to hold on to our academy stars.

Re: England Training Squad
Fursa 05 October, 2020 12:44
Just as well: stops them being targeted by Bath

GHA 05 October, 2020 14:47
Any point picking Saracens players if they can't play for England next season? Or can they?

Shawshank 05 October, 2020 15:47
Eddie will obviously change the rules.

TBH both Ben and Ollie have been very quiet generally since the resumption. But yes, Furbank is far too lightweight, and has probably played even worse than our 2 lads.

At least Eddie has FINALLY picked Dombrandt...

tatthecraic2 06 October, 2020 11:54
more surprised by Clement being picked over Willis

franciscorrigan 06 October, 2020 12:12
Saracens players have already been told they will still be eligible to play for England, which makes it even more unpalatable that Joe C was told that he couldn't unless he left us.(Sm63)

Willis not included because he plays for Wasps and they are in the playoffs

Margin_Walker 06 October, 2020 12:50
Was Joe actually told that?

I don't think there has ever been a rule in place that you can't pick from the championship. Realistically though it stands to reason that someone (like Joe) is unlikely to break into the England team playing rugby in the second tier. Clearly it doesn't make much sense to refuse to pick established and proven internationals from that league though.

All seems like commons sense really rather than anything untoward. Although perhaps that's just me.

Warrior7 06 October, 2020 16:41
Pretty sure I read an article recently that said Mark Wilson didn't have to go on loan to stay in the England squad when Newcastle went down. Same for Chris Pennell at us (Wuss), but he was on form when Brown/Foden/Goode were younger and playing well so didn't make it in anyway.

No rule as far as I'm aware.

GHA 06 October, 2020 17:21
Quote:
Margin_Walker
Was Joe actually told that?
I don't think there has ever been a rule in place that you can't pick from the championship. Realistically though it stands to reason that someone (like Joe) is unlikely to break into the England team playing rugby in the second tier. Clearly it doesn't make much sense to refuse to pick established and proven internationals from that league though.

All seems like commons sense really rather than anything untoward. Although perhaps that's just me.

Players will be picked on form though, even if it's form against Hartpury, Doncaster et al

Blarney 06 October, 2020 18:16
Johnny Williams in Wales training squad. Good for him...another promising youngster that got away.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net