Latest news:

Blair back in Scotland squad
Discussion started by HMRH , 12 October, 2020 13:39
Blair back in Scotland squad
HMRH 12 October, 2020 13:39
Just reward for a fine season but not great for us as thatís 2/3 of our first choice back row unavailable

Re: Blair back in Scotland squad
Exilepaul 12 October, 2020 13:50
If they arent in the matchday 23 they get released to play for their clubs though so I wouldn't panic just yet, it's why Worcester never sweat it when Duncan Weir gets called up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2020 13:51 by Exilepaul.

RodB 12 October, 2020 14:08
All we need now is for S O'B to get a ca up too 😜

cjm. 12 October, 2020 14:10
It's an odd squad with the likes of Blair and Richie Gray being brought back in. But, as above, plenty to be cut before matchday.

Our new South African wing will be interesting. Straight in and from what I have seen deservedly so.

Tom1215 12 October, 2020 14:19
Our new South African wing????
Have I missed something?

Exilepaul 12 October, 2020 14:20
Quote:
cjm.
It's an odd squad with the likes of Blair and Richie Gray being brought back in. But, as above, plenty to be cut before matchday.
Our new South African wing will be interesting. Straight in and from what I have seen deservedly so.

Our new South African wing?

Exilepaul 12 October, 2020 14:29
Just on a sidenote I always found it weird how Dell kept getting a call up but I guess that's wearing off now

SirBurger 12 October, 2020 14:30
Guessing cjm is Scottish and is referring to Van der Merwe?

Finno 12 October, 2020 14:42
And Scott Steele....just a wet week away from us and gets a call up. Kinda says it all about us!!!

cjm. 12 October, 2020 14:47
Yeah Soz. Kind of thought it was inferred as the thread was on the Scotland Squad.

That said he is the quality of signing I would like at Irish and probably didn't cost too much.

Was surprised at Scott Steele being called up, but also feel he ain't much better or worse than current LI ( for sake of clarity ) scrum half incumbents.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2020 14:50 by cjm..

cjm. 12 October, 2020 15:04
For those unfamiliar with Duhan, a bit of entertainment.

[www.youtube.com]

Some of his shrugging off of players is reminiscent of Lomu IMO.

Bazzo 12 October, 2020 20:50
Scott Steele has looked great for Quins and big congrats to him. Talk about proving a point ! Credit where it is due. Out shone Danny Care since he arrived.

He would not have achieved that if he had stayed here. We never got the best out of him.

franciscorrigan 13 October, 2020 00:41
If Duhan still has two good legs, he will be a bargain. A big, very fast, bloody-minded Saffer. What's not to like?

Always liked Steele. Good solid and reliable 9. I'm surprised he hung around with us so long. Too good to be third or fourth choice, but rare game time with Meehan and Phipps here.

Blair and Albert both deserve International recognition and we will miss their input while they are away. (Sm63)

ExiledChameleon 13 October, 2020 02:27
Steele was decent, but not good enough to get in aheads of Phipps or Meehan. The move to Quins was one that worked for all involved.

Delighted for Blair, he's had an amazing season, and totally deserves to ad to his caps tally.

Shropshire Hugh 15 October, 2020 14:17
For all Blair's qualities, Scotland have some great current backrowers and Gregor has said that his extended squad is mainly to cover covid eventualities. He has never let Scotland down but I doubt very much that he will make the final cut.

Living in the Ionian Isles so just lurking when wifi allows!

Jonny_C 19 October, 2020 17:04
Scotland vs Georgia is live on ITV4 this Friday evening, good luck Blair.

Exilepaul 21 October, 2020 11:54
Seen this coming without sounding cynical if hes not in the matchday 23 against Georgia he won't see game time at all get a taxi down to Hazelwood Blair we need you!

mackemII 21 October, 2020 12:08
Squad named, Blair not selected.

Exilepaul 21 October, 2020 19:35
You do wonder why Townsend even bothered picking Blair if hes not going to play him in games like the Georgia game because hes definitely not going to play in the 6 nations or Nations Cup, its us who suffers by not having him in training and he'll probably have to self isolate when he leaves the Scottish camp SIGH

mackemII 21 October, 2020 23:24
Quote:
Exilepaul
....hes definitely not going to play in the 6 nations or Nations Cup,

What else did Gregor tell you Paul?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net