Discussion started by Exile_Dave , 16 October, 2020 10:58
New kit
Exile_Dave 16 October, 2020 10:58
Thoughts?

[www.london-irish.com]

Re: New kit
Shropshire Hugh 16 October, 2020 11:12
Rugby League.

Living in the Ionian Isles so just lurking when wifi allows!

HMRH 16 October, 2020 11:45
Like the away kit

GHA 16 October, 2020 12:13
I'm willing to put my mortgage on the team, first Brentford game, running out to The Boys Are Back In Town - Thin Lizzy

Exilepaul 16 October, 2020 12:19
I pre-ordered any idea when I can expect delivery?

GHA 16 October, 2020 12:25
Quote:
Exilepaul

If you'd pre-ordered you'd know, Paul.

mackemII 16 October, 2020 12:34
Quote:
Exilepaul

When you clicked "HERE", the paragraph went on to state fulfilment expected prior to the start of the season on 21st November.

Nick4219 16 October, 2020 14:06
It looks remarkably similar to the St Patrickís day shirt from a few years ago

franciscorrigan 16 October, 2020 14:06
Very tasteful, but why no picture of the back of the shirt? A London skyline theme apparently. Would have been good to see that too.
If you have £99 spare, who's name would you put on the shirt?
For me, probably Blair's, or Albert's.
Both of our new shirts at £59 rather better value than Quins old home shirt that stays the same for next season at £75 and their new away strip at £85

How does that old song go?
"I'd rather be a Paddy than a Quin........."
(Sm63)

GHA 16 October, 2020 14:09
You can see the back of the shirt if you pause the video at the right time on the twatter page... they could've made it easier though, I agree

Tom1215 16 October, 2020 16:04
If you want to see the back of the shirt have a look at the evening standard article on the new shirt.
Photos on there.

Exilepaul 16 October, 2020 16:30
We've got the best Stadium in the league, the best kit in the league and the best team in the league #coyi #idratherbeapaddythanaquin

mackemII 16 October, 2020 16:40
Quote:
franciscorrigan
(Sm63)

Why not Francis?

SixNineOne 16 October, 2020 16:55
Good idea. If everyone has Francis on the back of their shirts itíll confuse the hell out if the commentators...

GHA 16 October, 2020 16:57
Quote:
mackemII
Quote:
franciscorrigan
(Sm63)

Why not Francis?

You can buy a shirt for £99 with a name and number on the back and the player who's name and number you get will sign it

SixNineOne 16 October, 2020 17:03
Do we know what colour the shorts are for the home kit? Relentlessly green, no doubt...

Exilepaul 16 October, 2020 17:06
Quote:
SixNineOne
Good idea. If everyone has Francis on the back of their shirts itíll confuse the hell out if the commentators...

Unless we signed Tomas Francis

SixNineOne 16 October, 2020 18:12
We could add Piers Francis, too

Jonny_C 16 October, 2020 19:08
That is the best shirt since 2000/2001. The best design since the Aer Lingus cotton shirt.

In my very humble opinion

bigbitty 16 October, 2020 19:10
I reckon its the best shirt of the current tight fit era.

RWesty17 16 October, 2020 20:32
The home shirt does look good, but the away shirt is gorgeous. Iím always a fan of a slightly simple look and the Celtic Knot is great. Glad they kept it simple And in comparison with what Bristol are wearing tonight and the Quinnís away shirt, our away kit looks a lot classier

HMRH 16 October, 2020 20:57
Away kit is class - white though so not a practical colour for me as my wife points out - beer food Guinness etc

mackemII 16 October, 2020 23:01
Can't believe I'm asking the question before Foggy Balla - Do they come with long sleeves?

franciscorrigan 17 October, 2020 15:36
As the name on the back comes with a signature, if anyone decides to buy a Francis shirt, I will happily oblige with my trusty pen.(Sm128)

If you get a team member shirt, I must warn all of you regarding the penmanship of players.

On my retirement, my workmates bought me a framed, signed London Irish shirt and apart from Matt Rogerson, Pat Cilliers, Topsy and Saia Fainga'a, you would need help from Sherlock Holmes to decipher most of the other 31 names. (Sm63)

Bazzo 17 October, 2020 18:24
Away shirt is class. Do not like the home one at all. Quarters is not for me as a London Irish shirt. With stripes in the quarters is just wrong.

Jonny_C 19 October, 2020 18:25
Here are more photos of the kit to give a better overall view of the shirts.

Evening Standard - LI kit

SteveS 21 October, 2020 16:44
I think the design looks nice. But any man of a certain age wearing a sports shirt without collars ain't flattering alas - fine for the kids. It's one of the reasons why football shirts usually look terrible on blokes. Will patiently keep my powder dry for the future

SteveS 21 October, 2020 16:55
And I know rugby has always advertised sin brands but sticking tax havens in people's faces is a bit on the nose for the current state of the world for me, I'll stick with the alcohol and waste management shirts for now

GHA 21 October, 2020 18:33
Quote:
SteveS
And I know rugby has always advertised sin brands but sticking tax havens in people's faces is a bit on the nose for the current state of the world for me, I'll stick with the alcohol and waste management shirts for now

What about Jersey in a pre-season friendly?

Florida 21 October, 2020 20:13
Quote:
SteveS

We ought to remove Irish from our name / shirts then

Exile_Dave 21 October, 2020 20:26
Quote:
SteveS
I think the design looks nice. But any man of a certain age wearing a sports shirt without collars ain't flattering alas - fine for the kids. It's one of the reasons why football shirts usually look terrible on blokes. Will patiently keep my powder dry for the future

Apparently Irish are releasing a cotton version of the shirts.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net