Latest news:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Fred Tuilagi
Discussion started by Saint Stokey (IP Logged), 12 June, 2019 16:30
Saint Stokey
Saint Stokey
12 June, 2019 16:30
So, I see young Fred Tuilagi has been released by Tigs.

He's only 21 so would fit the Boyd model of youth, he is also 6ft 3 and 18st 12lb (according to Wiki), decent size for an 8.

Could he be the sort of signing that suits everyone? Young enough that he probably wouldn't expect to be a 1st team starter, probably doesn't command a huge salary but appears to have the size a potential to be a proper talent.

Not to mention a cheeky dig at the stripey types.

manxsaint
manxsaint
12 June, 2019 18:03
Cracking good idea, Stokey - as you say, fits in with the 'Boyd type' of player - I've seen young
Fred play a few times, and he CAN play - and it might just wind up one or two of the Tiggers lot, including
my brother!

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett
12 June, 2019 18:32
what’s the reason for letting him go, Tigers are pretty loyal to that family ...

195Rich
195Rich
12 June, 2019 18:43
Plenty of time to develop certainly worth a punt IMHO.

ElySaint
ElySaint
12 June, 2019 19:14
Could be worth a punt. Although, I'm sure I read in the chron piece that the squad is finalized for next season, so I'm not expecting any more new signings

MESSAGES->author
Matthew
12 June, 2019 20:11
He was their standout player in last season's Prem Cup game against us, as I recall.

ACTUAL TRAINING FOOTAGE FROM
BEHIND THE SCENES AT SARACENS:
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/37800000/Scrooge-McDuck-gif-mickey-and-friends-37815657-245-188.gif

Saint Stokey
Saint Stokey
12 June, 2019 20:23
Stand out or not, if there's money available and for the right player, exception can always be made.

We seemed to finalise out squad pretty early on so I'm not sure whether we would have been aware if he'd been released.

St.Sinner
St.Sinner
12 June, 2019 21:09
I’m amazed the Tigers have released him, this will upset the family surely ? And if he’s not good enough for Tigers, do we want him?

ThornbySaint
ThornbySaint
12 June, 2019 21:10
This was on tigers website on 15 May.

If we were interested I’d have thought we’d have been in talks by now.

Saint Stokey
Saint Stokey
12 June, 2019 23:19
Given some of the questionable decisions made by the Leicester board, its questionable if they know what the right decision is... Cockerill, mauger, O'connor, Murphy then Ford in a very short time frame.

Still, tuilagi is available, young, has the physical stature and raw talent. Could well be worth a punt.

MESSAGES->author
Connorman
13 June, 2019 08:59
Tui Uru exactly the same age. He’s the Saints’ ‘punt’.

Saint Stokey
Saint Stokey
13 June, 2019 09:16
I would argue that Fred Tuilagi is probably further on in his career than Uru given their recent level of competition.

I would also think that they are 2 very different types of 8.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net