Latest news:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Village Updates
Discussion started by Saints95 (IP Logged), 11 September, 2019 14:50
Saints95
Saints95
11 September, 2019 14:50
We've got more shelter - the hubby will be pleased!!

www.northamptonsaints.co.uk

Duckonstilts
Duckonstilts
11 September, 2019 14:57
Fantastic.

That answers my outstanding complaints. We will see how the wait times go.

Hopefully they can find a way to stop people standing pitch side causing an obstruction. If you want to watch the warm up then do so from your seat please (I understand its something people like to do and have done for years but with the increase in capacity we all have to compromise).

Longers
Longers
11 September, 2019 15:24
Had I missed the announcement that "Peter Nuttall" would be replacing Uncle Geoff on the mike this season?

Anyone know of him/heard him/comments?

tedge
tedge
11 September, 2019 16:39
Quote:
Longers
Had I missed the announcement that "Peter Nuttall" would be replacing Uncle Geoff on the mike this season?
Anyone know of him/heard him/comments?

See separate thread just opened

MESSAGES->author
Chris Hoddle
11 September, 2019 16:39
I believe this is the announcement of Pete. It also says he has been at the Saints before.

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

fair_weather_fan
fair_weather_fan
13 September, 2019 13:11
I didnt go further into the village last night than the small bar between the Tetleys and the South stands, but family members who did reported that the Marquee bar was no more, it had been moved and turned into a childrens play area. I could see the canopy in the middle which will be handy in the rain, up to a point.

If its true about the marquee, there are going to be a lot of fans looking for where to get a drink at the first home game, which historically has been a bad one with staff serving at nowhere near the speed required.

Has anyone got a contact to suggest that the club publish a services map of the ground showing where all the outlets are as I think it will be needed. And do it asap with some publicity

Saint Stokey
Saint Stokey
13 September, 2019 13:44
Where the Marquee bar used to be, is now 3 smaller bars. I'm not sure that this makes a world of difference, but i did notice that the Real Ale bar was nowhere to be seen.

Although the weather last night was fine, the one advantage of the Marquee Bar was that it was somewhere to queue out of the elements, whereas the 3 smaller bars are open to the elements. Queuing in the rain would be miserable.

Having said that, last night was only a friendly, so i wonder if it was more of a trial run, with further improvements to follow.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net