Latest news:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Team for Leinster
Discussion started by LadySaint77 (IP Logged), 11 September, 2019 17:26
MESSAGES->author
Chris Hoddle
11 September, 2019 17:33
Will be hard work for some of those youngsters having to play in the 7,s as well

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

tedge
tedge
11 September, 2019 17:36
The missing names are interesting: Heywood, Hartley, Symons, Moon, Mallinder, Gibson and disappointing that none of them are available apparently

SaintsDuncan
SaintsDuncan
11 September, 2019 17:56
Quote:
tedge
The missing names are interesting: Heywood, Hartley, Symons, Moon, Mallinder, Gibson and disappointing that none of them are available apparently

Faceache feed had a starting 15, but said 34 players would be involved

tedge
tedge
11 September, 2019 18:06
Quote:
SaintsDuncan
Quote:
tedge

Faceache feed had a starting 15, but said 34 players would be involved

Who or what is Faceache ? Anyway there are 33 players listed and none of the names I mention above are included but all is now explained here:

Chron

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2019 18:10 by tedge.

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett
11 September, 2019 18:33
Unbelievable wheels in the back 3

expeeler
expeeler
11 September, 2019 19:08
Furbank 6 months out for concussion... and still not rehabilitated. Wow, not good.

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett
11 September, 2019 19:25
Alternatively, young player seen as one of the best talents at the club is being carefully managed to avoid unnecessary exposure to concussion in pre season

LeicesterSaint
LeicesterSaint
11 September, 2019 21:05
Shame not to see him play but absolutely right to protect his long term future, let's hope it's just precautionary for a meaningless game. Excited to see that backline if the more experienced pack can get them some good ball.

Walks11
Walks11
11 September, 2019 21:38
Quote:
LeicesterSaint
Shame not to see him play but absolutely right to protect his long term future, let's hope it's just precautionary for a meaningless game. Excited to see that backline if the more experienced pack can get them some good ball.

I wouldn’t necessarily read that as he is still suffering. He possibly may have started his pre season later than the others and is therefore at a different stage of readiness. I’m sure he will feature in the cup comp along with the other absentees

Awaywin
Awaywin
12 September, 2019 09:23
Looks like it will be a team of two halves to me

SuffolkSaint
SuffolkSaint
12 September, 2019 11:42
No Brüssow either? And not mentioned in injury update or did I miss something

Saint Stokey
Saint Stokey
12 September, 2019 11:57
What's happened to Paddy Ryan? I thought great things were expected of him and he featured pretty heavily for the Wandies. Newman seems to have come in a jumped ahead of him.

expeeler
expeeler
12 September, 2019 21:37
Quote:
expeeler
Furbank 6 months out for concussion... and still not rehabilitated. Wow, not good.

Of course I understand the need to protect him in non important games but my point was that I have read many articles on Concussion and most don't refer to rehab of 6 months plus .... for example, "Post-Concussive Syndrome is when concussion symptoms last for an extended period of time (beyond 21 days of injury)". 21 days not 180 days plus.

I just hope that he is OK but that must have been a very serious injury unless of course there was another injury at the same time. Whatever, I look forward to seeing him on the pitch.

tboullem
Houghton Saint
12 September, 2019 22:12
I understand the protocols and care required but nonetheless Hartley, Mallinder, Symons, Haywood and now Furbank have been absent for an awfully long time with no apparent end in sight. Dangerous game this rugby !

tedge
tedge
13 September, 2019 08:19
We've been told that Haywood is out until November, Hartley has a "grumbly knee" which apparently is still moaning but that Mallinder and Symons have been in "full training" so we might have expected the last two named to be gagging for a game last night.

MESSAGES->author
SaintMaul
13 September, 2019 08:27
Quote:
tedge
We've been told that Haywood is out until November, Hartley has a "grumbly knee" which apparently is still moaning but that Mallinder and Symons have been in "full training" so we might have expected the last two named to be gagging for a game last night.

The Premiership doesn't start until the weekend of 19 October. What's the rush?

Dylan and mako vunipola both pushed their returns and ended up exacerbating their injuries.

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett
13 September, 2019 14:12
Quote:
SuffolkSaint
No Brüssow either? And not mentioned in injury update or did I miss something

He’s fine and raring to go

just managing concussion guys

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net