Latest news:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!
Discussion started by Saintsby , 19 October, 2019 15:53
YESSSSSSSSSS!!!
Saintsby 19 October, 2019 15:53
Well done lads one or two err 'rash decisions' (Mr Taylor?) But overall we march on from last season. OK Sarries have players in Nippon but so do we. Great and my Hoddles hunch should be up a tad WoooHooo!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 19/10/2019 19:47 by Saintsby.

Re: YESSSSSSSSSS!!!
Wilson Pickett 19 October, 2019 15:58
Watch the game behind the sofa

This will be a long season

blah blah

Amazing effort from all !

Le marseillais 19 October, 2019 15:59
Good job !

ASM Clermont Auvergne supporter

smitferbrainz 19 October, 2019 16:01
Brilliant result. Well done lads. Whatever else weíve got an away win at Sarries and this should do confidence a lot of good. Just be great to see some of the injured lads coming back. I do worry about some of them in terms of the future particularly Harry who seems to have been out for ages.

fair_weather_fan 19 October, 2019 16:08
Looking at the other results, I see Glaws squeaked a win at sale, with a certain Mr Ford Robinson ex of this parish starting for them.

Couldnt understand sale playign most of their starters in the cup but there you go

Tigers losing at Wuss suggests a long season in the basement to me

herbie85 19 October, 2019 16:09
Taylors decision was a blot but thought he had a good game overall. And sarries were about 2 away not 10 so realistically the ref could have bailed his decision to tap and go out

Merlin-k 19 October, 2019 16:35
Managed to watch the end of the game while in Houston airport. Amazed not to get arrested for shouting! What a start. As others have said, short sighted of Scotland not to take Hutchinson. Happy they dug deep there at the end and had the ability to hold on to the win.

Walks11 19 October, 2019 17:01
Well bloody hell!!!.. didnít fancy us particularly after team announced, thought Teiís absence would be crucial. Great win fellaís hope they made lots of celebratory noise in the changing room and have a few beers, well deserved

Scrummy 19 October, 2019 17:07
Great effort today, well played saints!
Although we lost the second half ;-)

Chris Hoddle 19 October, 2019 17:20
It will be a lovely journey back to Lancashire Stella has joined me at Euston so we will be able to discuss why we didnít manage a bonus point win

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

Wilson Pickett 19 October, 2019 17:25
Quote:
Chris Hoddle
It will be a lovely journey back to Lancashire Stella has joined me at Euston so we will be able to discuss why we didnít manage a bonus point win

Chris, pleasure to meet you. Home safe squire.

ramseysaint 19 October, 2019 17:31
Never in doubt

Stockers 19 October, 2019 17:43
Well that really is rather good news!

St Saltaire 19 October, 2019 17:50
Great win! Well done Saints.

Saintfanh 19 October, 2019 17:51
Amazing win!!

tedge 19 October, 2019 18:33
As one of many who predicted a heavy defeat I am so delighted to have been proved wrong !

Brackleysaint 19 October, 2019 18:44
I predicted a heavy loss and so glad to be wrong. I had concerns regarding Tonks & Coles in the back row but thought they both had a decent game.

Deesaint 19 October, 2019 19:02
After watching the first 20 minutes then unable to get the score until 30 minutes ago ; amazed but delighted
Fantastic result

SaintMaul 19 October, 2019 21:55
Rugby heaven. An unexpected Saints win away v Sarries. Not just an expected England win v Australia but a dominant showing

LeicesterSaint 20 October, 2019 15:11
I think Taylor was hard done by on the quick tap, the whole point was they werenít back ten so he should have either made yards or had another pen another ten forwards. Only works if the ref is awake though! In general I think there is a little bit of overeagerness against his old team but like the enthusiasm.

Connorman 20 October, 2019 18:12
Just seen the attendance. 6,707. Opening match of the Championís season at home.

How is their business sustainable?

Wilson Pickett 20 October, 2019 18:18
Mega rich blokes pocket money

Saint Stokey 20 October, 2019 22:12
Can you blame them? Who wants to watch their team lose at home? *

ajack 21 October, 2019 06:38
I really didn't see that coming great result well done to all concerned. Some interesting results in the other matches could be another season of everyone beating everyone else. Great start for Wuss and Irish as well as Saints.

Longers 21 October, 2019 10:06
Quote:
tedge
As one of many who predicted a heavy defeat I am so delighted to have been proved wrong !

+ 1

Abington Adam 21 October, 2019 11:12
Quote:
Connorman
Just seen the attendance. 6,707. Opening match of the Championís season at home.

That's absolutely shocking and shows once again that big attendances at Wembley etc fuelled by freebies does zilch when it comes to getting paying customers through the gate at home. I wonder if our travelling support was reduced in number by pessimists such as myself writing off this fixture. Oh we of little faith! Lesson learnt here in Abington.

COME ON YOU SAINTS!
Church's Stand season ticket holder
EMRU Referee

fair_weather_fan 21 October, 2019 11:18
Quote:
Abington Adam
Quote:
Connorman

That's absolutely shocking and shows once again that big attendances at Wembley etc fuelled by freebies does zilch when it comes to getting paying customers through the gate at home. I wonder if our travelling support was reduced in number by pessimists such as myself writing off this fixture. Oh we of little faith! Lesson learnt here in Abington.

I have take a decision not to visit the Allianz for the foreseeable. Nice people but I won't put my hand in my pocket to help Mr Wray

tedge 21 October, 2019 11:45
I guess the number of supporters travelling away is affected if the match is televised live. Since BT started covering Premiership Rugby my perception is that there have been fewer Saints fans at away matches. No doubt the SSC would have a good idea of the numbers too. To a lesser extent the tv coverage also impacts on numbers of home supporters turning up at FG but probably impacts more on "casual" attenders than STH's.

With BT generally covering 3 matches every weekend there aren't many occasions in a season when a Saints fixture is not televised live. No doubt the clubs receive more income from tv than gate receipts but that doesn't compensate for a lack of atmosphere in the ground (IMO).

Anyway we seem to have drifted off-topic a bit so well done the lads at Allianz on Saturday !

Saint Stokey 21 October, 2019 12:30
Do we get any money from away tickets?

tedge 21 October, 2019 14:16
Quote:
Saint Stokey
Do we get any money from away tickets?

Don't know and can't find out but I doubt it. Might be a different rule in European matches.

brancastersaint 22 October, 2019 11:36
Great way to start the season!!
having a great time teasing the Sarries fans in the office, and long may it continue
COYS!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net