Latest news:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Heinz Retires
Discussion started by SaintGinge , 23 October, 2019 09:03
Heinz Retires
SaintGinge 23 October, 2019 09:03

Brüssow Retires
Scrummy 23 October, 2019 09:05
Sad for Heinrich and saints that we never really saw the best of him because of injuries.

Best wishes for your retirement

Always a Saint

Re: Heinz Retires
Born_Again_Saint 23 October, 2019 09:12
Never a good way to go out, but an away win over Tiggers must be right up there!?
[www.northamptonsaints.co.uk]

Good luck Heinz.

ajack 23 October, 2019 09:14
Always a shame to see a player have to retire but it happens to all sooner or later. Pity we never got to see the best of him but I am sure the likes of Lewis and T have become better players from having the like of him and Haskell around. Good luck in whatever he decides to do next.

Wilson Pickett 23 October, 2019 09:24
Sounds like a very good call. Thank you for all your efforts and best of luck with future endeavours.

Saint Stokey 23 October, 2019 09:31
This weekend's home game will be the perfect chance to give him a good send off. Would be nice to see him make an appearance to be thanked by the crowd.

Saint Tim 23 October, 2019 10:43
All the best sir - thank you for your efforts.

Saint.Kenneth 23 October, 2019 10:53
What an incredibly hard decision to have to make; to think, only last week he was training and preparing himself to play Saracens and now a week later having to call time on a remarkable career.

As ajack alluded to, every player would have benefited from having him around the squad, not only for what he could pass on to our up and coming back rowers, but the professional approach he must have towards his training. International honours; caps against the British & Irish Lions and a career that has taken him around the world..... well that's not too shabby at all.

Good luck to him and his family and a warm welcome will always be waiting for any visit to FG in the future.

Saint Stokey 23 October, 2019 15:08
At the risk of this being too soon, do we need look at a replacement before the end of the season?

SaintMaul 23 October, 2019 17:23
Quote:
Saint Stokey
At the risk of this being too soon, do we need look at a replacement before the end of the season?

Incredibly sad for Heinrich. But he's achieved a lot to be proud of and awful punched above his weight. Rugby is a ridiculously attitritional game now.

As to recruitment. Heinrich was Picamoles replacement so that suggests money has been freed up. The World Cup has been a shop window so it's possible we could recruit for this season. Loosehead prop, number 8 for me as we are well-stocked at flanker.

Saintsby 23 October, 2019 17:42
I echo all the comments above a great player who when he could gave his all for the club and I wish him all the very best for a succesful future wherever that may take him. Thank you for wearing and giving your best to the GB&G Heinrich. Go well!

Deesaint 23 October, 2019 19:35
The one thing I really enjoy about watching rugby is the performance of a high quality 7
Thanks for the time spent at Saints
Made it very special

Walks11 23 October, 2019 21:32
We were never going to see the best of him but he’s put his body on the line when he could for us. Always sad to see a player bow out due to injuries, I’m sure we will probably see the benefit in terms of our young back rowers learning from being around him. Good luck to whatever the next chapter is

Sir Hector 25 October, 2019 15:01
The Rugby Paper insists we are in pole position chasing Dombrandt for next season, a very good call in my view, I guess it will come down to money in the end though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net