Chris Hoddle 08 November, 2019 10:13
Hope Alex's injury doesn't last a year.

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

Re: Taylor has it sewn up
smitferbrainz 08 November, 2019 11:38
Quote:
Chris Hoddle
Hope Alex's injury doesn't last a year.

Totally agree but this lad Taylor is the “real deal” so even in Alex’s absence I think we’re going to be okay at 9. For me, the prospect of losing Cobus was concerning but if he does depart at the end of this season then I think we’ll be just fine with Alex, Henry and Conor.

Wilson Pickett 08 November, 2019 11:43
He stitches the forwards and backs together nicely.

tedge 08 November, 2019 13:02
Suits him too

Saint Stokey 08 November, 2019 13:09
Surprise of the season for me.

fair_weather_fan 08 November, 2019 15:40
He can improve as well. Its only a few games in with us and he can take the wrong option occasionally. Last week there was a ruck near us on the Church's where Quins left no sentry on the narrow side but he didnt spot it. A quick feint and he wouldve been gone. So more to look forward to and what a pleasant surprise

Merlin-k 08 November, 2019 22:00
While I like his comments about himself and how he is fitting in, the bit that really strikes me is this:
"Voices are coming from more and more of the young lads and it breeds the improvement because people need to step up and talk.

"What's been so pleasing for me is the small-talk on the pitch and solving the problems that are in front of us when we're not getting it right for 10 minutes.

"We talk, we solve problems and it's been fun because I haven't done that for a few years and it's another part of life I'm enjoying at the Saints."

I love the sound of this culture that is developing in the Saints. It’s about empowering the players, it isn’t just down to one or two leaders but all seeing themselves accountable for what happens as a team.

tedge 09 November, 2019 10:13
Hopefully not only the young players but also the young coaches are absorbing the same culture in readiness for the time they are invited to take hold of the reins from Mr Boyd,

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net