Latest news:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Teams up
Discussion started by Chris Hoddle , 08 November, 2019 12:05
Teams up
Chris Hoddle 08 November, 2019 12:05
Only one change in the starting line up but a couple in the replacements.
[www.northamptonsaints.co.uk]

NORTHAMPTON SAINTS vs BATH RUGBY
Gallagher Premiership Rugby, Round Four
Saturday 9 November, 2019
The Recreation Ground
Kick-off: 3pm
15 George Furbank
14 Tom Collins
13 Fraser Dingwall
12 Rory Hutchinson
11 Taqele Naiyaravoro
10 James Grayson
9 Henry Taylor
1 Ben Franks
2 Mike Haywood
3 Ehren Painter
4 David Ribbans
5 Alex Moon
6 Tom Wood
7 Jamie Gibson
8 Teimana Harrison (c)
Replacements:
16 James Fish
17 Toby Trinder
18 Paul Hill
19 Api Ratuniyarawa
20 Alex Coles
21 James Mitchell
22 Fraser Strachan
23 Ahsee Tuala
Referee: Ian Tempest
Assistant referees: Hamish Smales & Wayne Falla
TMO: Trevor Fisher

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2019 12:08 by Chris Hoddle.

Re: Teams up
Awaywin 08 November, 2019 12:10
Great to see Tuala and Api back. Going to be some real selection dilemmas soon especially in the centres! Interesting to see Hutchinson at 12 which could mean a shootout between him, Francis and Symons with Proctor and Dingwall being viewed as the 13s.

Saint Stokey 08 November, 2019 12:11
Toby Trinder and Fraser Strachan.

I presume that the injuries to Waller was more serious than a dead arm, but what about Symons? I don't remember him going off injured.

I'm guessing that James Mitchell coming in for Connor is more rotation than anything.

Awaywin 08 November, 2019 12:13
To face;

15. Freddie Burns
14. Semesa Rokoduguni
13. Max Wright
12. Jamie Roberts
11. Aled Brew
10. Rhys Priestland
9. Will Chudley

1. Beno Obano
2. Tom Dunn
3. Will Stuart
4. Josh McNally
5. Charlie Ewels
6. Tom Ellis
7. Josh Bayliss
8. Zach Mercer

Replacements
16. Jack Walker
17. Lewis Boyce
18. Christian Judge
19. Elliott Stooke
20. Mike Williams
21. Chris Cook
22. Jackson Willison
23. Gabriel Hamer-Webb

riverlodge 08 November, 2019 12:25
How are Barf starting so bad with that lineup quality?

fair_weather_fan 08 November, 2019 12:48
No list of unavailable/injured this week??

Saint Stokey 08 November, 2019 13:05
Have a look through the teams playing this weekend, is there a club that contains the amount of proper academy products that we can? I count 9 in the starting XV and 12 in the squad.

I'm readiness for the next World Cup, we might need to find a way to cheat.

Toulousian Firefighter 08 November, 2019 14:07
Quote:
riverlodge

Is this serious? For me, it's a mixed squad with some has-beens, maybes and never-will-bes. Of course, we'll now get absolutely thrashed.
I think Mercer is the only one I'd want in our squad. I hope we can keep him quiet.

Really hoping for some decent weather so our young'uns can shine.

I'm so glad we're easing our world cup players back in. I'm shocked to see Exeter with 3 England players in their squad. Regardless of how much they played in Japan, they've hardly rested/seen their families in a while have they? Give the guys a break.

fair_weather_fan 08 November, 2019 14:08
Players want to play, its what they do..

Fellocks 08 November, 2019 14:14
Sadly the weather looks awful.

tedge 08 November, 2019 14:17
Quote:
Toulousian Firefighter
Quote:
riverlodge
'm so glad we're easing our world cup players back in. I'm shocked to see Exeter with 3 England players in their squad. Regardless of how much they played in Japan, they've hardly rested/seen their families in a while have they? Give the guys a break.

The thing is that some of them had families out in Japan and all of them are now back living at home with their families and seeing them daily. How much actual rest they need depends on how many games they played and in what position.

Saint Stokey 08 November, 2019 14:21
Perhaps a lot of them want to get back player asap to help ease the pain of losing in the final.

I can appreciate the South Africans being away but you'd think the English players would want to get back to business as usual, whether that's playing rugby, spending time with their friends and family or looking after their investments.

Chris Hoddle 08 November, 2019 15:14
Interesting in the team I have just been sent by Saints, James Mitchell is no longer there but Young Tupai is?

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

Saint Stokey 08 November, 2019 15:17
Still Mitchell on the Offy

tedge 08 November, 2019 15:24
Says Mitchell on my Gospel email

Saint James 08 November, 2019 15:48
Their front row is very handy. And I fear will be the difference tomo in the rain

Saint Ted 08 November, 2019 16:21
Tupai is starting at 9 tonight for the Wanderers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2019 16:22 by Saint Ted.

Wilson Pickett 08 November, 2019 17:02
Quote:
Saint James
Their front row is very handy. And I fear will be the difference tomo in the rain

It is, but I think we have a more dynamic and powerful second and back row.... we are also scrummaging on another level to last year. We seem to be engaging, dropping our height at the hit then getting under our opponents.

Saint Stokey 08 November, 2019 17:51
Hopefully our lighter and fitter pack will be able to maintain the power until their pack has tired with the wet ground.

Saint James 09 November, 2019 00:26
Quote:
Wilson Pickett
Quote:
Saint James

It is, but I think we have a more dynamic and powerful second and back row.... we are also scrummaging on another level to last year. We seem to be engaging, dropping our height at the hit then getting under our opponents.

Yea agree, that back 5 selection not quite as intimidating as previous games. Hopefully get the nudge on them

St.Sinner 09 November, 2019 07:04
Their second choice back row with Underhill Falatau & Louw away. Gives us some hope of getting the best of their pack.

SaintMaul 09 November, 2019 10:13
It's a good time to be playing them. Their internationals away are a bigger lose to them than ours are to us IMHO.

Watson
Cokanasiga
Joseph
McConnaghie
Underhill
Louw
Faletou

would be a far harder ask.

With Painter at tighthead and Moon behind him our scrum should hopefully hold it's own.

SaintsAsh 09 November, 2019 11:39
Great to see Trinder on the bench, I think he will be a quality player.

ballsout 09 November, 2019 22:56
Quote:
Toulousian Firefighter
Quote:
riverlodge

Is this serious? For me, it's a mixed squad with some has-beens, maybes and never-will-bes. Of course, we'll now get absolutely thrashed.
I think Mercer is the only one I'd want in our squad. I hope we can keep him quiet.

Oops

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net