The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Overload Plays - A Good Read
Discussion started by Scrummy , 03 December, 2019 09:37
Overload Plays - A Good Read
Scrummy 03 December, 2019 09:37

Re: Overload Plays - A Good Read
Saint Stokey 03 December, 2019 09:59
Enlightening article.

I do wish people would stop unpicking our attack though. We don't want everyone knowing what we're doing.

Wilson Pickett 03 December, 2019 10:41
I am gonna put this out there..... Iím pretty sure that Chris Boyd has taken absolutely nothing from Dai Youngís wasps

Stockers 03 December, 2019 10:49
Very informative and with the major focus on executing skills under pressure in pre-season, we are certainly being entertained by the boys in G,B&G

Scrummy 03 December, 2019 10:54
I agree WP, I think Chris Boyd brought this with him from NZ but I found the analysis interesting.

ajack 03 December, 2019 11:03
Quote:
Wilson Pickett
I am gonna put this out there..... Iím pretty sure that Chris Boyd has taken absolutely nothing from Dai Youngís wasps

The article doesn't say Boyd has taken anything from Wasps it says what we are doing now is similar to what they were doing then, which is absolutely true. There are only so many ways you can ruck, or maul, or scrummage or attacking patterns you can run whatever anyone comes up with someone will have used something similar in the past.

Saint Stokey 03 December, 2019 11:04
In fairness, this may be a Vesty move who quite possibly could have taken it from Wasps.

Stevie Myler's right boot 03 December, 2019 16:26
It totally misses the point that our 9-15 are very happy to interchange positions (shirt number is immaterial) get the ball away quickly and look to swarm the opposition

Merlin-k 03 December, 2019 17:50
The key is this - ignoring the number on your back. Everyone is working hard and popping up out of position so the opposition are confused. Proctor commented on this in a recent interview when asked where his favorite position was. They arenít constricted by the positional thinking. It makes exciting rugby.

St Saltaire 03 December, 2019 20:14
The key is the interchange of players without the drop off in ability that used to occur. It used to be easy to predict our 1st XV but not any more. Look how well the 3 last minute replacements performed on Saturday. I doubt that 15 fans would agree on a 1st XV if asked to name one. Agreeing a playing squad of 23 is even harder.
The great thing is that the players are enjoying their rugby. Long may it continue.

fair_weather_fan 03 December, 2019 20:46
Quote:
Wilson Pickett

I think you are right WP. Anyone watching the Wandies Insects game last week may have noticed that our backs were playing more or less the same way as the senior squad - Grase was at FH but all the other parts were different. Wasps play had no such shape, which suggests to me it was a function of the players in the senior squad. If you have a playing style everyone has to play it from the waterboy and the kitman onwards.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net