Latest news:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Train disruption Saturday morning ?.
Discussion started by footrush , 03 December, 2019 09:47
Train disruption Saturday morning ?.
footrush 03 December, 2019 09:47
Hi everyone, really looking forward to returning to Franklins Gardens again, anyone got any advice or updates ?, (as the week goes on this would be really helpful) , am arriving on Saturday morning into Birmingham Intl at 07.35, then making my way to Northampton when they say disruption to rail services does this mean total cancellation, most cancelled or just some cancelled ?. Do they have alternative busses etc. Is a taxi probably going to be the only option ?. All updates and advice much appreciated !. C u all again soon hopefully !.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2019 09:49 by footrush.

Re: Train disruption Saturday morning ?.
Wilson Pickett 03 December, 2019 10:36
Iím supposedly getting a train at c. 10:15 from Euston

any ideas on likelihood it runs would be much appreciated

Saint Stokey 03 December, 2019 10:38
Might be quicker getting a bus from Victoria!

Wilson Pickett 03 December, 2019 10:42
Iíd get a train to Wellingborough if that line works?

Chris Hoddle 03 December, 2019 11:22
You may find information here and is usually updated during a THursday.
[www.londonnorthwesternrailway.co.uk]

However be warned, although they have printed an alternative timetable and then amended that on a Thursday, many of the trains are then cancelled as the train drivers did not cross the picket lines.
They did put on a bus replacement from MKC every hour but you may be lucky to get on this?
Maybe a taxi from MKC is bout £28, and from Birmingham international is about £78.
Last week I came down on a Friday and returned Sunday.
This week cant do Friday so I am driving down there and back on Saturday via Tamworth.
Good luck

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

Harpole Saint 03 December, 2019 11:40
I might be able to offer a seat in car from oxford to Northampton on the way there if thatís handy for anyone.

Saint Stokey 03 December, 2019 11:52
Whats annoying is that recently, we've been told that where a train has been cancelled and a bus replacement put on, because a service has been offered, the train tickets wouldn't be accepted on the Wellingborough - St Pancras line as they have done before... even if it means missing an appointment.

A friend of ours recently, due to a cancelled train got stuck at Crewe. Was going to have to wait until 3am to get a taxi to Milton Keynes which would accept an account payment from the rail company. Most annoying thing was that the taxi wouldn't drop him off in Northampton, even though its closer as he had to get to MK to be able to 'complete' the journey to get paid.

Train services are getting worse and worse.... and due for a rise!

lilyg 03 December, 2019 12:07
I am a saddo commuter and you may find that although there is an alternative timetable, it may not run because some of their other staff are refusing to cross the picket line.last saturday, they only has 8 trains run all day.

Wellingborough is your best bet - a prebooked taxi will be about £20, otherwise its nearer £40.

Christy 03 December, 2019 12:58
trains were on strike last season, on the one match I attended. I followed advice on here and travelled to Wellingboro by train and then by bus (Stagecoach X47 ,? X46? or 4?) from Church Street, Welly to Nton bus station takes 50 mins. Took absolutely ages, but was very reliable. Up to date info no doubt on web (and usual helpful people on here). The bus journey was lovely - very friendly people - and it was interesting travelling through all the villages I only knew by name before.

Buzzardsaint 03 December, 2019 14:14
Only 1 train went north from euston last week in time for the game. I ended up driving as knew it couldn't be relied upon, you might get lucky this Saturday but it's very much a lottery plus the train home won't be pleasant my advice is have a back up plan.

footrush 03 December, 2019 15:02
Quote:
Buzzardsaint
Only 1 train went north from euston last week in time for the game. I ended up driving as knew it couldn't be relied upon, you might get lucky this Saturday but it's very much a lottery plus the train home won't be pleasant my advice is have a back up plan.
Thanks am trying to leg it when I get off the plane at 07.35 to catch the 07.50 bus to MK then a later one at 10.00 to Northampton , itís going to be tight however ?. If I miss this am hoping to get some sort of train from Birmingham International ?.

Buzzardsaint 03 December, 2019 15:10
There will be buses worst comes to worst a cab which are probably rolling in the cash thanks to this strike. I assume leinster are coming to us saturday full noise sexton et al??????

footrush 03 December, 2019 15:24
Quote:
Buzzardsaint
There will be buses worst comes to worst a cab which are probably rolling in the cash thanks to this strike. I assume leinster are coming to us saturday full noise sexton et al??????
Should be a great game between two on form sides always love going to Franklins Gardens a proper Rugby ground, if anyone gets any train updates please post them here !.

Aberavon Wizard 03 December, 2019 16:18
And there was I thinking that this sort of industrial action had been left behind in the seventies and eighties.......ridiculous !

ramseysaint 03 December, 2019 22:13
If it helps anyone I believe trains are still running out of kings cross, I will be passing either Huntingdon or Peterborough stations (depending which son I'm bringing) I can fit 2 in the car. Feel free to PM.

Chris Hoddle 05 December, 2019 15:21
West Midlands Trains have updated their page, it is about the same as last week even to the extend they have forgotten to change the date from November 30th to December 7th.
Explains about buses and gives links to timetable with buses.

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

footrush 05 December, 2019 22:16
Quote:
Chris Hoddle
West Midlands Trains have updated their page, it is about the same as last week even to the extend they have forgotten to change the date from November 30th to December 7th.
Explains about buses and gives links to timetable with buses.
Much appreciated Chris !.

lilyg 06 December, 2019 10:28
So the strikes have been suspended, except the agreement came too late for them to sort out this Saturday sad smiley

From their website

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net