Latest news:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Knock On!!
Discussion started by Saint Kris , 07 December, 2019 13:05
Knock On!!
Saint Kris 07 December, 2019 13:05
A few moments before the first try - looked clear & obvious to me.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2019 13:13 by Saint Kris.

Re: Knock On!!
Saintfanh 07 December, 2019 13:20
Certainly as clear and obvious as Collins's knock on which should have been checked.

ElySaint 07 December, 2019 13:25
Inaccuracy in execution costing us a bit here. Still, entertaining game so far.

Norton Canes 07 December, 2019 13:25
Quote:
Saint Kris
A few moments before the first try - looked clear & obvious to me.
To b e a knock the ball must travel forwards this was always going backwards. More a fumble.

ElySaint 07 December, 2019 13:27
Nevermind if it went forward, Reinachs pass was the killer there, no?

Saint Kris 07 December, 2019 13:32
Thought it went forward myself but will concede age is not doing my sight any favours! However, I’ve seen similar given.

smitferbrainz 07 December, 2019 13:49
Look real good again in open play and going forward. Defensively we are missing tackles and they’ve cut us wide open at times. Also when they are deadly within 5m of our line. Still 3 down at HT is pretty good.

Matthew 07 December, 2019 13:55
Without watching ad infinitum replays, I thought it was a knock on relative to the player, but that the ball went backwards.

Someone remind me what constitutes a forward pass nowadays...?

ACTUAL TRAINING FOOTAGE FROM
BEHIND THE SCENES AT SARACENS:
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/37800000/Scrooge-McDuck-gif-mickey-and-friends-37815657-245-188.gif

herbie85 07 December, 2019 14:01
Decent half there. Losing the battle up front but without first choice locks it's not a bad showing

herbie85 07 December, 2019 14:07
Refs offside line seems to change for them and us....

ElySaint 07 December, 2019 14:10
Horrible start to second half. Defence seems to lose shape quite easily. Big hill to climb now.

Saint Kris 07 December, 2019 14:11
Two tries conceded in seven minutes - looks like a long way back now ...

TheGent 07 December, 2019 14:11
Defensive organisation none existent. Need to get Dicken's replacement in as soon as possible.

ElySaint 07 December, 2019 14:12
Butchered that opportunity.

Saint Kris 07 December, 2019 14:14
How did we not score?

TheGent 07 December, 2019 14:14
Quote:
ElySaint
Butchered that opportunity.

We look out on our feet.

TheGent 07 December, 2019 14:20
Still well in this just have to score next.

herbie85 07 December, 2019 14:25
Quote:
TheGent
Defensive organisation none existent. Need to get Dicken's replacement in as soon as possible.

I'm not sure Dickens would have had an answer to leinsters attack. It's with pace off good ball, support runners on every break. Inaccuracy stopping us coming back into this

Yorkie Saint 07 December, 2019 14:36
We are so nearly there but where Leinster make no mistakes, we do. It’s great to watch and proud of the team. I think this level is one step too far this year.

Saint Kris 07 December, 2019 14:36
I guess the good thing is the team are generally playing well in attack but we’re just being let down by inaccuracies at the last moment.

TheGent 07 December, 2019 14:39
Quote:
herbie85
Quote:
TheGent

I'm not sure Dickens would have had an answer to leinsters attack. It's with pace off good ball, support runners on every break. Inaccuracy stopping us coming back into this

More the ruck defense and defensive reorganisation after line breaks where were struggling. We always struggle with goal line defense but that's tactics with Boyd as we tend to score more tries than the opposition.

Yorkie Saint 07 December, 2019 14:43
Proctor is class.

Saint Kris 07 December, 2019 14:59
I live in hope that we’ll do better next week.

Saint Kris 07 December, 2019 14:59
I live in hope that we’ll do better next week.

ElySaint 07 December, 2019 15:02
As was mentioned before kick-off, today's game would be a measure of where Saints are currently. Heavy scoreline in the end, but we're very much still a work in progress, and lots of room for improvement.

Always going to be tough against a side like Leinster put out today, just hope the confidence remains in camp and mood is buoyant going into next week and beyond.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net