England Appointments
Discussion started by Wilson Pickett , 14 January, 2020 11:00
England Appointments
Wilson Pickett 14 January, 2020 11:00
Both look good

Amor and Proudfoot

Re: England Appointments
Longers 14 January, 2020 11:08
Not sure about Amor. Never been a fan of sevens, and that's where he grew up after leaving Glos IIRC.

Proudfoot, on the other hand, looks a serious contender.

ajack 14 January, 2020 11:46
Jones does bring in some interesting coaches and probably not the ones whose names would get kicked around on sites like this. Clearly he thinks they both have very specific skills to offer and keep the whole thing fresh. Be an interesting time ahead for England ( and other countries) do you try and keep winning or have more of a clear out with the focus on the next world cup immediately?

Wilson Pickett 14 January, 2020 12:51
Expect a bit of both I think Ajack. If a player is likely on the decline from here, even if he currently is the best player, he probably goes. If a player has another couple of years at his peak but may not make the World Cup, keep him in

Neil-H 14 January, 2020 13:08
Quote:
Wilson Pickett
Expect a bit of both I think Ajack. If a player is likely on the decline from here, even if he currently is the best player, he probably goes. If a player has another couple of years at his peak but may not make the World Cup, keep him in

I think we agree??? for me its more about who is pushing hard and coming through?

If they wont be around next world cup, then they are vulnerable no matter who they are, if there is someone pushing then get them in, if not then keep the experience of the highest level until someone puts hand up.

Its getting the balance between experience and youth and putting them in at right time.... England made a right clusterfeck of it after 2003.

Walks11 14 January, 2020 13:18
I quite like these appointments, the odd one is moving Borthwick to skills coach. I like what Amor could bring, think a coach out of the norm could really add something different to Englandís game. Definitely worth a try even if ultimately itís not successful.

Agree with WP & Neil on the player front, donít make wholesale changes for the sake of it but I would expect a number of new faces and some of the older faces disappearing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net