Latest news:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Hutch for Scotland
Discussion started by BuckSt , 15 January, 2020 10:59
Hutch for Scotland
BuckSt 15 January, 2020 10:59
Hutchinson announced in Scotland’s six nations squad.
Great news for him

Re: Hutch for Scotland
Aberavon Wizard 15 January, 2020 11:02
Good for Hutch but he needs to up hís game a little for Saints, not quite at his best last few games !

Duckonstilts 15 January, 2020 11:53
Hutch has been one of our better players in recent weeks imo. Granted standards have been a bot off recently but i am pleased for the lad.

ajack 15 January, 2020 12:21
Great in attack not really international class in defence IMO.

LeicesterSaint 15 January, 2020 12:42
To be fair we haven't exactly had a settled midfield with Hutch shifting between 12 & 13 and have had Biggar and Grayson one side and variously paired with at least three other centre partners in recent weeks. No excuse and there was definitely an element of taking it for granted against Benneton but I'm sure Boyd will (has) nip that in the bud!

Saint Maul 15 January, 2020 18:00
If he does get 6 Nations game time I'll watch with a keen interest.

His attacking play can be exceptional and he has the skills to unlock international defences so I can see why he's been picked.

Hope I'm wrong but I worry he'll get exposed defensively and/or throwing passes that get intercepted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/01/2020 18:03 by Saint Maul.

St Marcus 15 January, 2020 18:53
Well deserved. Though his defence undoubtedly needs some work still

shendy 16 January, 2020 08:12
I see Townsend has raised the annual gripe that the Scottish players from the Prem (particularly Sarries, who play on the Sunday) aren't available to him until 5 days before their first 6N game, exactly as per World Rugby regulations.

ajack 16 January, 2020 10:18
To be fair to him it does put countries at a disadvantage that don't have the revenue to keep players at home either on central contracts or with more time allowed such as England get. It must make it really hard for the Island nationals for example, having said that South Africa won the world cup.

Wilson Pickett 16 January, 2020 14:47
I think Rory is still in the learning phase with regards decision making but is a great talent. I am sure once he gets that balance right he will do very well with Scotland. They could be quite fun to watch with Russell inside.

Saint Stokey 16 January, 2020 15:18
I'm not sure how effective he'll be with Russell. I think Hutch looks good with Biggar and Grayson partly because they are relatively controlled 10s. Russell is a real maverick so knowing what he's going to do at any moment could be tricky.

It also means that there is only the option of kicking or looking for space. If they come up against a super organised defence where space is limited, there is no real option to punch holes. Personally, I'd like to have a Manu type player outside Russell, with Hutch playing 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net