Latest news:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Saturday's game and Dennis
Discussion started by Chris Hoddle , 13 February, 2020 10:06
Saturday's game and Dennis
Chris Hoddle 13 February, 2020 10:06
I wonder if there will be any thought of postponing the game due to Dennis the Menace?
Initial reports are to expect major travel disruption on both Saturday and Sunday. This could be an issue for the Bristol team and certainly their travelling support. There would seem to be an available date in March for both teams.
Just wondered what others thought?

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

Re: Saturday's game and Dennis
Saint Stokey 13 February, 2020 10:12
If the England game can go ahead, then surely this can.

If it is postponed, we will get the opportunity to play Bristol with our internationals & injured back but how would this Api's ban?

rugbymel 13 February, 2020 10:55
The game’s on Sunday.

shendy 13 February, 2020 11:06
Did you see the conditions in the Ireland v France women's game - howling gale and torrential rain in the second half.

Who else remembers a cup match against Newcastle - no idea how long ago it was! KO delayed by a couple of hours due to wind as they couldn't safely open the stadium.

If it's a yellow warning, I expect it'll go ahead. Maybe more dodgy if it's an amber warning?

lilyg 13 February, 2020 11:55
and on top of that Horsemarket is closed and likly to be all weekend (fall out - literally!! - from last weekend weather event). If you've not been in town during the evening rush hour(s), you wont have experienced the 'pleasure' of the congestion that's caused

tedge 13 February, 2020 12:07
Can't really see a problem as it's forecast to peak on Saturday and is not as bad as Ciara

Wilson Pickett 13 February, 2020 13:14
Winter sport, get out there boys

Aberavon Wizard 13 February, 2020 13:29
Its winter, we get rain and wind, even snow from time to time. Get on with it !

twsaint 13 February, 2020 19:41
Dragons v Benetton on Sat is already off.

Hantsaintsrus4 13 February, 2020 19:44
Ah happy schooldays. Sleet, snow, frozen ground- cross country time. Plimsolls, shorts, tee shirts and house bibs. Cold showers to look forward to. Brilliant.

fleetg 13 February, 2020 20:30
You sound like a Fast Show sketch !!

Wilson Pickett 14 February, 2020 05:04
Quote:
fleetg

that’s v funny

Chris Hoddle 14 February, 2020 15:06
From Saints twitter<
While this weekend's game is planned to go ahead as scheduled, we are advising supporters to check our website and social media feeds on Sunday morning for any final updates.
and the website
[www.northamptonsaints.co.uk]
says that the U13 festival is cancelled

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/02/2020 16:05 by Chris Hoddle.

Hantsaintsrus4 15 February, 2020 08:39
Quote:
fleetg

Ok I give up what is the Fast Show?

Aberavon Wizard 15 February, 2020 09:12
Ah the memories - waterlogged pitches on games afternoon and that nice Mr Jones in his purple tracksuit waiting by the gym to tell us it was a Rushmere Run for us so gym kit boys....

Sans Culottes 15 February, 2020 13:21
Quote:
Aberavon Wizard
Ah the memories - waterlogged pitches on games afternoon and that nice Mr Jones in his purple tracksuit waiting by the gym to tell us it was a Rushmere Run for us so gym kit boys....

A tromp through the cow muck and tannery waste. Lovely it was *

ThornbySaint 15 February, 2020 15:58
Quote:
Aberavon Wizard

I remember that I got myself appointed as a librarian.

“Wednesday afternoon, sir, it’s library duties”

Library duties involved sitting in the librarians’ office drinking coffee and listening to the radio while others slogged down to the tannery and back up Billing Road in the cold and wet.

harryw 16 February, 2020 04:01
And all the way down to the bridge unless you were brave enough to wade across the stream , happy days

Hantsaintsrus4 16 February, 2020 08:55
One of our teachers would watch us in the showers to make sure that we were properly clean. I bet teachers are not as dedicated as that now.

tedge 16 February, 2020 09:11
Quote:
Hantsaintsrus4
One of our teachers would watch us in the showers to make sure that we were properly clean. I bet teachers are not as dedicated as that now.

The PC brigade wouldn't let them these days

Hantsaintsrus4 16 February, 2020 14:09
Sorry tedge it was a joke, he was a weirdo

Sans Culottes 16 February, 2020 18:18
Quote:
Hantsaintsrus4
Sorry tedge it was a joke, he was a weirdo

There were a number of them.

One of them wasn't called Dai

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net