Latest news:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

PA Pete
Discussion started by Saintsfan22 , 16 February, 2020 19:57
PA Pete
Saintsfan22 16 February, 2020 19:57
Just wanted to bring up an issue Iíve noticed with the new PA this season.

He seems to miss Saints changes in every game and I feel there is now no excuse for this becoming a running theme.

There was no mention of moon going off and bean coming on. Iíve noticed this a lot this season and itís now key for fans to be aware of all changes and if they are replacements or HIAís.

Geoff never seemed to miss someone coming off the pitch so am not sure why Pete is missing so many subs

Re: PA Pete
tedge 16 February, 2020 20:05
Quote:
Saintsfan22
Just wanted to bring up an issue Iíve noticed with the new PA this season.
He seems to miss Saints changes in every game and I feel there is now no excuse for this becoming a running theme.

There was no mention of moon going off and bean coming on. Iíve noticed this a lot this season and itís now key for fans to be aware of all changes and if they are replacements or HIAís.

Geoff never seemed to miss someone coming off the pitch so am not sure why Pete is missing so many subs

I heard him inform us about Bean replacing Moon. I think he got all the others - some a bit late but there were a lot of changes to both teams

Aberavon Wizard 16 February, 2020 20:53
Less is more !

shiversaint 17 February, 2020 01:29
Why does it have to be the incumbent vs Geoff? He's retired - move on. If there is a specific issue with the commentary, address it for what it is.

ramseysaint 17 February, 2020 13:25
I heard him report all our changes, some were announced just as the crowd got a bit noisy so maybe they weren't heard by everyone.

LadySaint77 17 February, 2020 15:15
I heard him announce every change - perhaps you may just have missed them because of crowd noise?

But please stop comparing him to Geoff and move on.

Aberavon Wizard 17 February, 2020 18:42
I think he is getting better as the season progresses but he is still learning his trade as we all do !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net