Latest news:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Bit of help please re disabled toilet.
Discussion started by ramseysaint , 17 February, 2020 13:48
Bit of help please re disabled toilet.
ramseysaint 17 February, 2020 13:48
I've been having a few issues with access to the disabled toilet near the gate under the Churches/Harwell stand.

It turns out that the first aiders have decided it's their own personal toilet.

For a long time now I have been using this toilet as it's really easy for me to get in and out with my chair. Since this season started I've had no end of problems. I've turned up to use it to find it locked, I don't mind waiting (sometimes) but the whole half time interval was getting a bit much, especially when I have a spinal problem that can lead to me emptying my bladder without realising.

The other week I opened the door to find a first aider standing having a pee, I shut the door and waited for him to finish, only for him to then lock the door from the inside. On other occasions I have been using the toilet only to be disturbed by a first aider walking straight in through an access door between their office and the disabled toilet.

I have spoken to various stewards but it's the same answer every time "We'll report it". Either they're not reporting it or the person receiving the report is doing nothing about it because it happened again yesterday. Fortunately I had finished my business and was getting back into my chair when the access door flew open.

If anyone on here can help by either contacting the relevant people or can give me the name of a contact I would be most grateful.

Re: Bit of help please re disabled toilet.
tedge 17 February, 2020 15:18
Try emailing the Venue Manager - kristycoates@northamptonsaints.co.uk

ramseysaint 17 February, 2020 16:46
Quote:
tedge
Try emailing the Venue Manager - kristycoates@northamptonsaints.co.uk

Thanks tedge

batty 17 February, 2020 19:26
This is a major problem where ever there is a disabled toilet. For.some.reason it is always men who think it is their right to use disabled loos and staff alway use them.
I have complained about this at so many places. I wish they would fit radar lock's on all disabled loos as most disabled always carry that key. I find.asking for.staffs name usually stops them using that toilet.

Stockers 17 February, 2020 21:53
Quote:
batty
This is a major problem where ever there is a disabled toilet. For.some.reason it is always men who think it is their right to use disabled loos and staff alway use them.
I have complained about this at so many places. I wish they would fit radar lock's on all disabled loos as most disabled always carry that key. I find.asking for.staffs name usually stops them using that toilet.
I respectfully disagree. In many places, there is only one WC, (my local Caffe Nero for example) and that is fitted as a disabled loo so that it is fully accessible by everybody. Disabled WCs are not exclusively reserved for disabled people but are fitted so as to be usable by people with disabilities. And remember, not all disability is immediately obvious.

batty 17 February, 2020 23:16
My comment was like at the Saints where there are separate disabled loos to the normal ones. I have no problem with multi purpose loos but the people who pxxs me off are those that will use a disabled loo rather than walk 5 yards and make a disabled person who cannot use the normal loos wait.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net