Latest news:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board




Support the team in whatever way you want....
Discussion started by Nath-coys , 17 February, 2020 23:54
Support the team in whatever way you want....
Nath-coys 17 February, 2020 23:54
This is a bit of a follow up to a previous thread Iíve just read through.

It is no ones businness how another person supports the Saints and in what manner they show it.

If you want too be a eternal optimist, if you want to be a Ďpanickerí, if you fall somewhere in between it simply DOES NOT MATTER.

However you get the best experience out of being a Saints supporter you do that, you might want too sit in your underwear and watch at home, you might want too follow the team all over the Country and Europe to games, you might like to have a good drink at a game, you might prefer to stay sober, you might like to go with 1 friend or family member because thatís your Ďthing you do together, you might like to get together in a large group and make a social event of it.

You might post multiple times a day on this Forum, you might post once every 12 months, you might just read the threads and not post at all.

IT DOES NOT MATTER!

We could and should as Saints fans talk till we are blue in the face about tactics, players, coaches, transfers, rumours and so on, and we will inevitably disagree and agree on a whole range of subjects and the reality is our opinions are just that our own opinions.

Not at any point should any of us have to conform to how a perceived Saints fan should act and react to any subject reference the Saints.

Keep on Supporting the Saints however you enjoy it the most.

COYS.

Re: Support the team in whatever way you want....
Saint Jericho 18 February, 2020 06:05
+1
Great post. Sums it up very well

Re: Support the team in whatever way you want....
St.Sinner 18 February, 2020 07:14
+1.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/02/2020 07:16 by St.Sinner.

Re: Support the team in whatever way you want....
Wilson Pickett 18 February, 2020 08:19
Agreed.

I donít see anyone suggesting anyone isnít a supporter or shouldnít support in whatever way they like?

Re: Support the team in whatever way you want....
Saintsby 18 February, 2020 09:00
(Sm160) I like to go home hoarse after a home game.

Re: Support the team in whatever way you want....
Hantsaintsrus4 18 February, 2020 09:16
+1

Re: Support the team in whatever way you want....
Wilson Pickett 18 February, 2020 11:34
Quote:
Saintsby
(Sm160) I like to go home hoarse after a home game.


I take the train

Re: Support the team in whatever way you want....
Flook 18 February, 2020 11:35
There is an article on the BBC where the CEO of Gloucester Rugby Lance Bradley says the club are supporting Danny Cipriani following the death of his friend Caroline Flack, I have taken part of his comments and add them here as a reminder to us all...

"We try to look after all of our colleagues. There are some people who think social media means you can say what you like and that it doesn't make any difference.

"I don't think that's true. It's OK to be disappointed in a result. It's OK to say you don't think somebody is playing well. It's not OK for personal criticism.

"They're people too. They feel things. We all have an obligation to think about what we say and be kind to people."

Re: Support the team in whatever way you want....
ajack 18 February, 2020 15:38
Quote:
Flook
There is an article on the BBC where the CEO of Gloucester Rugby Lance Bradley says the club are supporting Danny Cipriani following the death of his friend Caroline Flack, I have taken part of his comments and add them here as a reminder to us all...
"We try to look after all of our colleagues. There are some people who think social media means you can say what you like and that it doesn't make any difference.

"I don't think that's true. It's OK to be disappointed in a result. It's OK to say you don't think somebody is playing well. It's not OK for personal criticism.

"They're people too. They feel things. We all have an obligation to think about what we say and be kind to people."

Totally agree with this, saying players or coaches, past or present are carp is way out of order IMO.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/02/2020 15:45 by ajack.

Re: Support the team in whatever way you want....
Deesaint 18 February, 2020 15:42
So does this mean your still a proper supporter even if you donít go to every game or hold a season ticket or only made 10 comments on this Board
Life is so dam confusing

Re: Support the team in whatever way you want....
Longers 18 February, 2020 16:04
Quote:
Deesaint
So does this mean your still a proper supporter even if you donít go to every game or hold a season ticket or only made 10 comments on this Board
Life is so dam confusing

I've worked hard at being an improper supporter for a long time. Because God loves sinners, I just have to get my repentance timed to the best advantage!

Re: Support the team in whatever way you want....
smitferbrainz 18 February, 2020 17:34
Good post. I was a ST holder for many years and went to away matches, not all. I now live in the NW Highlands and simply cannot afford an 1100+ mile round trip to most matches. I have to be content with TV, internet etc. Iím still a fan, a supporter and no different to anyone else apart from the fact I cannot attend games personally right now. Again, good post by Nath.

Re: Support the team in whatever way you want....
Hantsaintsrus4 18 February, 2020 18:25
😏 Probably best to say nothing. Some people can only hand it out.

Re: Support the team in whatever way you want....
Saint Maul 18 February, 2020 23:35
As a society and internationally pluralism and tolerance of someone holding a different opinion sadly appears to have suffered in recent years. Alternatively, has social media merely exposed tolerance of difference was never that strong in the first place? Or does social media distort the conversation to the loudest or most extreme voices?

I genuinely dont know. But it strikes me social media isn't just changing the way humanity interacts. It is changing how we think.

Re: Support the team in whatever way you want....
tedge 19 February, 2020 14:08
Quote:
Saint Maul
As a society and internationally pluralism and tolerance of someone holding a different opinion sadly appears to have suffered in recent years. Alternatively, has social media merely exposed tolerance of difference was never that strong in the first place? Or does social media distort the conversation to the loudest or most extreme voices?
I genuinely dont know. But it strikes me social media isn't just changing the way humanity interacts. It is changing how we think.

It appears to be confirming that many people do not think at all

Re: Support the team in whatever way you want....
Wilson Pickett 19 February, 2020 17:24
Everyone thinks, just differently.


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?