Latest news:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Chef Daisy
Discussion started by Jamie_86 , 07 April, 2020 12:33
Chef Daisy
Jamie_86 07 April, 2020 12:33
For those of you who are missing some kind of competition and want something (vaguely) Saints and rugby related... Christian Day is in the latter stages of Masterchef.

I won't say what stage he got/gets to to avoid spoiling it for those watching on catch up but he's quite the skilled cook!

Church's Stand - Block 20 - Row Q - Seat 700

Come and say hello!

Re: Chef Daisy
woodface 07 April, 2020 13:52
Often serves up his dishes on fancy looking planks of wood. Produced and supplied by messrs Waller & Wood I wonder?

Happywifehappylife 07 April, 2020 15:12
Yes, he mentioned that. Very good

SaintsDuncan 07 April, 2020 19:20
Anyone else see the "non-hug"?

saintgunny 07 April, 2020 19:54
What channel is it on?

Saint.Kenneth 08 April, 2020 01:54
Just shows how low profile rugby is in this country.

If we were to 'convert' Daisy's playing career into football terms, he has won the Premier League, won the Europa League and got a runners up medal for the Champions League. He played for one of the country's most established sides and was on the fringe of International recognition........ yet isn't in the Celebrity Masterchef category, but mixing it with what is probably a harder group of contestants who are wannabe chefs etc. and doing rather well.

Congrats to him on doing a wonderful job, however I think most of his forward colleagues would have 'had a word' about portion sizes!!

PelerinStJames 08 April, 2020 06:02
Who is to say it wasn't his choice to go on this version? If I was serious about a food career now that my sports career was over, I would choose to test myself in this harder one rather than the celebrity one.

Of the rugby players i remember taking part in the celebrity version, Dawson and Vickery were World Cup winners, and Bayfield had built a reasonably high profile media career so were certainly more known to the general public than Christian is. (Despite his commendable playing achievements)

With Dawson winning and Bayfield being runner up, it does seem Saintsmen have a great record no matter which version they are in.

lilyg 08 April, 2020 07:23
Quote:
SaintsDuncan
Anyone else see the "non-hug"?

Yes! good job the camera cut away [:wor kid:]

shendy 08 April, 2020 07:53
He tweeted a few years ago that he was realistic enough to know that he wouldn't get on the Celebrity version - I'm really pleased for him that he's made it onto the "real" show, and that he's doing so well.

Christy 08 April, 2020 11:49
its on BBC1 - next on tonight 8th April at 9 pm. To see Daisy cooking you will probably have to go on BBC iPlayer.

Dave Jackson 09 April, 2020 16:48
Looked like a naughty boy who had come in from wrong side of ruck after being warned.

Christian your food is good but we have told you before. It needs seasoning. Season season and then season some more.

‘Yes Sir’

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net