Latest news:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Resumption of Training at least 2 weeks away
Discussion started by tedge , 22 May, 2020 08:53
Resumption of Training at least 2 weeks away
tedge 22 May, 2020 08:53

Re: Resumption of Training at least 2 weeks away
Bletchley Saint 22 May, 2020 09:09
Thereís an article in the Telegraph this morning which goes into a bit more detail. It is behind the paperís pay wall unfortunately but in brief it is saying that game-related training is probably months off (social distancing in the car park is achievable but how do the players stay even a metre apart covering those contact elements of the game which make recognisable as the unique sport it is?)

Not good.

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

lilyg 22 May, 2020 10:27
Here's the story from the BEEB

tedge 22 May, 2020 10:57
I know the financial impact on no matches is considerable and possibly threatens the continued existence of some clubs. However, I really think that it would be better to forget about this season entirely and concentrate on getting next season started on time. Qualification for next season's European cups would be based on current league positions. Premiership Rugby has funds at its disposal which could help clubs and most of them should have the CVC money to hand (or some of it).

shendy 22 May, 2020 12:28
From the Leicester board - have Sale jumped the gun?
[www.rugbynetwork.net]

tedge 22 May, 2020 13:25
They are not obliged to follow Premiership guidelines. They could be in breach of the furlough rules, but perhaps they aren't

Hantsaintsrus4 22 May, 2020 13:47
Quote:
tedge
I know the financial impact on no matches is considerable and possibly threatens the continued existence of some clubs. However, I really think that it would be better to forget about this season entirely and concentrate on getting next season started on time. Qualification for next season's European cups would be based on current league positions. Premiership Rugby has funds at its disposal which could help clubs and most of them should have the CVC money to hand (or some of it).

Totally agree.

smitferbrainz 22 May, 2020 17:18
Personally I think this season is done.

Chris1850 22 May, 2020 22:03
Quote:
tedge
They are not obliged to follow Premiership guidelines. They could be in breach of the furlough rules, but perhaps they aren't

[www.rugbypass.com]

Hymenoptera 22 May, 2020 22:13
Thats a solution..if your happy with an 8 team league

Corkst 23 May, 2020 07:03
Quote:
Chris1850
Quote:
tedge

[www.rugbypass.com]

"They were then given food to take away and eat". Quality writing that - if he hadn't added "and eat" I'd have thought they were going to create a sculpture with it.

Bletchley Saint 25 May, 2020 07:35
It looks like club training is being allowed to resume!

[www.gov.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net