The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

19 extensions inc Biggar and Lawes
Discussion started by Former Hollywood Saint , 30 June, 2020 16:03
19 extensions inc Biggar and Lawes
Former Hollywood Saint 30 June, 2020 16:03
Hands off Beziers!! They're ours!!!

Great news.

FHS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/06/2020 16:06 by Former Hollywood Saint.

Re: 19 extensions inc Biggar and Lawes
Former Hollywood Saint 30 June, 2020 16:04
From t'Ofy:

Northampton Saints is delighted to announce a further 19 first-team players have committed their futures to the Club by signing contract extensions.

Seven internationals are amongst those to pen new deals, with England’s Courtney Lawes, Lewis Ludlam, Teimana Harrison, Piers Francis and George Furbank joining Wales fly-half Dan Biggar and Scotland centre Rory Hutchinson in agreeing terms to stay at Franklin’s Gardens.

Alex Mitchell, Alex Moon and Fraser Dingwall – three Saints Academy graduates who all received their first England squad call-up during this year’s Six Nations – have all also put pen to paper on contract extensions.

Meanwhile the likes of Club co-captain Alex Waller, Mikey Haywood, David Ribbans, James Grayson, Ehren Painter, James Fish, and Lewis Bean have all also been rewarded for a string of impressive performances in Black, Green and Gold this term, plus Alex Coles and Samson Ma’asi move from Northampton’s Academy set-up into their first senior contracts.

Saint Maul 30 June, 2020 16:12
Good news

Interesting it says all 19 are contract extensions. Perhaps part of the pay cut quid pro quo was offering job security with extended contracts?

Tigers in comparison look in a real mess

Duckonstilts 30 June, 2020 16:22
Perfect.

I am sure once we have had time to see who is not in the list there will be one or two more in the Gibson camp but thats basically my ideal team all signed up.

lost in duston 30 June, 2020 16:27
Any news on Proctor? Or is his contract renewal some way away.?

Duckonstilts 30 June, 2020 16:28
And also, although I dont want to count any chickens but with the amount of young academy products in that bunch (and some old ones) this is our best chance to be a dominant club in a while, we have kept this bunch together, now we just need to back them and keep improving.

Londonsaint 30 June, 2020 16:37
On first glance, the following first teamers (or thereabouts) seem to be missing:
- Naiyaravoro
- Proctor
- Franks
- Wood
- Van Wyk
Could just be that they are already under a decent contract length, but might mean something.

And then the following of the higher profile younger types: Olowofela, Bird-Tulloch, Uru, Tonks, Marshall. Again doesn't necessarily mean anything that they're not on today's list. But it might.

Chris Hoddle 30 June, 2020 16:46
I assume Harry's contract still has a couple of years to run if he is not mentioned?

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

Born_Again_Saint 30 June, 2020 16:49
Naiyaravoro resigned earlier this season so 'at least another two seasons' beyond the end of 19/20, i.e until end of 21/22 season (details: [www.northamptonsaints.co.uk])
Van Wyk is 2021(details here: [www.northamptonsaints.co.uk])
Proctor is only in the first year of his deal, same with Franks. So end of 2020/21 season at least you'd think.
Wood said in the press a while back his deal would be extended if he played enough minutes this season, which you can safely assume he has done!!

Nothing to worry about imo!!!

Saint Ted 30 June, 2020 16:50
Naiyararavoro signed a new deal this season (2 year extension)
Proctor and Franks I think are both on three year deals, so 2 years left
Van Wyk I think also recently got a new deal
Wood activated an additional year on his contract by playing enough minutes this season, also given the point he’s at in his career the club may not be wanting to hand out anything much further than that at this point

Jamie_86 30 June, 2020 16:50
Quote:
Londonsaint
On first glance, the following first teamers (or thereabouts) seem to be missing:
- Naiyaravoro
- Proctor
- Franks
- Wood
- Van Wyk
Could just be that they are already under a decent contract length, but might mean something.

And then the following of the higher profile younger types: Olowofela, Bird-Tulloch, Uru, Tonks, Marshall. Again doesn't necessarily mean anything that they're not on today's list. But it might.

Have been doing a bit of research on this.

Naiyaravoro already agreed extended terms towards the start of the season so I assume has at least 2 years left with us.

I would imagine Proctor joined us with a 2 or 3 year deal so his contract would be up end os 2021 season at the earliest.

Franks, same as Proctor

Wood triggered a one year extension to his contract earlier this season so will be with us to at least July 2021.

Van Wyk extended his contract to the end of the 2021 season towards the end of last season.

To Chris' question, Harry signed an extension earlier this year so again I'd expect him to be with us until at least 2022.

Church's Stand - Block 20 - Row Q - Seat 700

Come and say hello!

Born_Again_Saint 30 June, 2020 16:50
Quote:
Chris Hoddle
I assume Harry's contract still has a couple of years to run if he is not mentioned?

Harry Mall same time as Collins, Tuala and Hill earlier this season – [www.northamptonsaints.co.uk]

Londonsaint 30 June, 2020 16:54
I don't think this implies any more people leaving now.

But I think this does imply that the following people could well leave at the end of the 2020/21 season: Naiyaravoro, Proctor, Franks, Wood, van Wyk, Bird-Tulloch, Olowofela

Londonsaint 30 June, 2020 17:01
Have to say, am delighted about all these extensions. But the one that was not expected, and is really pleasing, is Biggar. Think he brings such a winning at all costs mentality to the team.

tedge 30 June, 2020 17:09
If Boyd was a player approaching the end of the second season of an initial 3 year deal, wouldn't we be looking to get him to sign an extension now ?

SuffolkSaint 30 June, 2020 17:14
Or if you're smart, you extend current contracts before the June deadline to the end of the 2023/24 season and only have 75% of the contract value count under the entire period that the cap is reduced. Then renegotiate new deals for 24/25 when the cap goes back up by £2m.

Quote:
Saint Maul
Good news
Interesting it says all 19 are contract extensions. Perhaps part of the pay cut quid pro quo was offering job security with extended contracts?

Tigers in comparison look in a real mess

LadySaint77 30 June, 2020 17:15
This is excellent news. Feels like the the club is in safe hands and has a bright future

saintsfella 30 June, 2020 17:21
Tom Collins?..

expeeler 30 June, 2020 17:41
A good source says, "I don't think there are any further significant leaving players"......... I feel reassured.

In the current climate this is imho fantastic news. We now have a young, exciting and settled squad..... whereas other teams have a degree of turmoil.

andysaint 30 June, 2020 17:43
Excellent news indeed, well done the club and players.

Saint Ted 30 June, 2020 17:43
Quote:
saintsfella
Tom Collins?..

New contract this year, it’s all in the article [url= [www.northamptonsaints.co.uk]]here[/url]

*stupid phone not linking properly

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 30/06/2020 17:47 by Saint Ted.

saint krige 30 June, 2020 17:53
Excellent news, suggests it must be a really good environment at saints. Believe Naivaryoo signed a new contract a few months ago? So no need for another extension right now?

fleetg 30 June, 2020 20:41
Just need to hear later this week that Boydy and coaching team have signed on for a few more years and we'll be set fair.

saintsfella 30 June, 2020 22:39
Thanks Saint Ted- attention to detail has always been a weakness of mine!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/06/2020 22:39 by saintsfella.

greenwood 01 July, 2020 09:00
Tom Collins?..
No thanks I'll have a Jack Daniels...

Soranzo 01 July, 2020 09:58
Quote:
Londonsaint
I don't think this implies any more people leaving now.
But I think this does imply that the following people could well leave at the end of the 2020/21 season: Naiyaravoro, Proctor, Franks, Wood, van Wyk, Bird-Tulloch, Olowofela

Suspect the first three of those will be here until end 21/22 season based on Big T's prior contract extension and Proctor and Franks signing 3yr deals initially.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net