Latest news:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Saracens vs Leinster
Discussion started by Awaywin , 19 September, 2020 15:33
Saracens vs Leinster
Awaywin 19 September, 2020 15:33
Like them or loath them, what they are doing so far in this game is quite incredible.

Re: Saracens vs Leinster
ajack 19 September, 2020 15:44
Exceptional first half from Sarries. I wonder how much influence the wind will have.

shendy 19 September, 2020 16:15
22-3 at h/t - and we all know Leinster can come back from 22-6, don't we.

ajack 19 September, 2020 16:23
Brilliant match and Leinster fighting back. Sarries don't have the bench they used to, anyones game.

Deesaint 19 September, 2020 16:32
Is Sexton leading rugby on a downward spiral
Amateur dramatics

ajack 19 September, 2020 16:55
Great match fantastic performance by Sarries.

Abington Adam 19 September, 2020 16:57
I can't stand the club, but that's one hell of a result by Sar***ns and a great game with Leinster almost turning it around.

COME ON YOU SAINTS!
Church's Stand season ticket holder
EMRU Referee

ch saint 19 September, 2020 17:14
I also detest Sarries but you have to hand it to them, they are streets ahead even when they have lost a number of key players.

Deesaint 19 September, 2020 18:10
Love them or hate them
There is little doubt that Sarries are coached to a different level

ch saint 19 September, 2020 18:45
That was what I was thinking Dee. I hesitate to criticise our coaching because until a few months ago I was happy to watch our style of play, but my goodness we have slid to a pretty unhappy position.

Angus67 19 September, 2020 19:03
I have a grudging respect for how they are going, 100% commitment.

Awaywin 19 September, 2020 19:28
I wonder if this result will galvanise us tomorrow or put a rocket up Exeter not to be complacent.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/09/2020 19:29 by Awaywin.

1876-Fez 19 September, 2020 19:49
Please do a job on Exeter tomorrow... tough ask but always a chance..go well Saints..

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

St. Andy 19 September, 2020 20:12
Quote:
ch saint
That was what I was thinking Dee. I hesitate to criticise our coaching because until a few months ago I was happy to watch our style of play, but my goodness we have slid to a pretty unhappy position.

Agree, the advantage is their style is simple, in a good way, and they are brilliant at it and execute it to a tee. Ours looks fantastic when it works, but it has so many moving parts and so many things that can go wrong. And sadly, at the moment frequently do.

You know exactly what Saracens are going to do but you canít stop it. Now the opposition know what we are going to do and they can stop it.

All that but a functioning scrum and line out are a must.

smitferbrainz 19 September, 2020 22:58
I thought Sarries were quite brilliant today. Well done to them. I see, sadly for us , a Sarries v Exeter final. I can foresee the European Champions Cup winners playing in the Championship. Bizarre.

Duckonstilts 20 September, 2020 08:21
Not that bizarre. They are only being relegated for cheating. It basically proves that cheating works because they have been very successful whilst doing it.

Sad thing is i feel that they have a good enough core squad to have done very well without being so underhand and corrosive... but we will have to wait for them to come back up to find out.

smitferbrainz 20 September, 2020 10:00
Quote:
Duckonstilts
Not that bizarre. They are only being relegated for cheating. It basically proves that cheating works because they have been very successful whilst doing it.
Sad thing is i feel that they have a good enough core squad to have done very well without being so underhand and corrosive... but we will have to wait for them to come back up to find out.

Itíll still seem strange for Championship clubs to be playing the reigning ECC winners with another star above the badge. Something Monye said on BT Sport struck me about them having been punished and that everyone needs to move on. I though yeah right, next season theyíll murder the Championship clubs home and away and this time next year itíll be back to business as usual in the Premiership like nothing has ever happened. Still really angers me because I see them still dishing out regular beatings to us. All that said they played superbly yesterday in beating Leinster. Iím not keen on Leinster either and to see Sextonís face when things arenít going well is always a bit of a treat.

Dave Jackson 20 September, 2020 10:11
So if they go and win it will they be able to defend the title next year. I know currently rules donít allow that but Iím certain they might try and a legal challenge and stand a chance. In a way it would be odd having a competition without the reigning champions being in it.

shendy 20 September, 2020 10:14
No, they won't be able to.

Duckonstilts 20 September, 2020 10:28
Quote:
shendy
No, they won't be able to.

Its not certain right now that they will play any rugby. I can't see anywhere about the championship being ready to restart. All the focus right now is on top level competition and i guarantee if things carry on like this nothing will change soon. We have been lucky it took this long for a game to get cancelled.

BrianB 20 September, 2020 11:30
Raging against the dying of their light?

Abington Adam 22 September, 2020 11:13
Quote:
smitferbrainz
Quote:
Duckonstilts

Itíll still seem strange for Championship clubs to be playing the reigning ECC winners with another star above the badge. Something Monye said on BT Sport struck me about them having been punished and that everyone needs to move on. I though yeah right, next season theyíll murder the Championship clubs home and away and this time next year itíll be back to business as usual in the Premiership like nothing has ever happened. Still really angers me because I see them still dishing out regular beatings to us. All that said they played superbly yesterday in beating Leinster. Iím not keen on Leinster either and to see Sextonís face when things arenít going well is always a bit of a treat.

Worse than that is when they start waxing lyrical about the "adversity" and "everything they've been through" as though they're somehow the victims in all of this! I too have a grudging (very gruding!) respect for how they're playing with a more compliant squad, but the desire within certain parts of the media to rehabilitate them before the setence has even been served does stick in the throat.

COME ON YOU SAINTS!
Church's Stand season ticket holder
EMRU Referee

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net