Latest news:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Manny
Discussion started by shiversaint , 20 September, 2020 19:50
Manny
shiversaint 20 September, 2020 19:50
I think a certain loosehead deserves a thread of his own today. What a debut performance and talk about a trial by fire!

Bloody good show young man, something to be proud of and to build on. Not many props come into a game like that and put on a decent show let alone hold their own and win a few penalties. Even Eddie Jones gave a good old applause as he left the field.

Enjoy the beers tonight, well deserved.

Re: Manny
St Marcus 20 September, 2020 19:54
Excellent - and some great breakdown work too. A great prospect

Saint Ted 20 September, 2020 19:55
I very rarely comment on an individual.

Manny, take a bow.

Couldn’t have asked for more from him.

Bustabloodvessel 20 September, 2020 20:03
Top effort from Manny, definitely one for the future.

"I HAVE A BIG ONE".

ajack 20 September, 2020 20:04
Fantastic performance from the young lad. I cannot remember us winning so many penalties at scrum time all season. 70 minutes is a hell of a stint for any front row player let alone one starting his first game.

Dragonboy 20 September, 2020 20:08
Well done Manny. You should feel rightly proud of your performances.

Hollywood JK 20 September, 2020 20:31
The kids got a big future. Apart from his bravery, I thought he really showed good composure for his age. Also good discipline.. (Sm152)

ancient mariner 20 September, 2020 21:03
Hi jackal turnover was class and as a prop with No 8 pedigree, of which that was an example, he should go far. He's big anyway, but a few more years of bulk and he should be a top-class asset.

TringSaint 20 September, 2020 21:30
From one old creaking LH to a young, fit and infinitely more skilled other, take a bow.
Top class performance and well deserved plaudits.

Scooby Saint COYS 20 September, 2020 21:57
Agree with all the comments above- great performance, and hope we’ll see many more.

chappers_saint 20 September, 2020 22:47
Quote:
ancient mariner
Hi jackal turnover was class and as a prop with No 8 pedigree, of which that was an example, he should go far. He's big anyway, but a few more years of bulk and he should be a top-class asset.

Mooj Mk2??? Looking forward to seeing much more of this guy, epic shift today

Saintlyg 21 September, 2020 06:19
Biased perhaps but I thought he was MOM

LeicesterSaint 21 September, 2020 09:17
Mooj was one of those very appreciative on Twitter too (in between football fans asking him if anyone's ever stood on his foot in studs!).

Great work from the lad, 70 minutes against two different international props (capped anyway). Given that he's likely to put on even more bulk at his age could well be a big part of the fix there albeit we'll want to watch his game time a little bit for his own good where possible.

Angus67 21 September, 2020 09:20
Superb effort, sometimes a team needs something like that to give them a lift, it sure heartened me, and it was great to see him receive an ovation with Eddie Jones included.

I agree with Saintlyg- his performance did deserve MOM.

I remember seeing Courtney play at FG's in an under 19s match v Tigers and thinking he had a great future, I felt the same watching Manny but of course he was showing his worth in a different set of circumstances. Well done Manny!

smitferbrainz 21 September, 2020 09:29
Most encouraging thing since the restart to the season. Having due regard to his game time the coaching staff need to get him playing regularly from the start of the new season.

samlee99 21 September, 2020 14:15
A tremendous effort!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/09/2020 14:16 by samlee99.

Abington Adam 22 September, 2020 11:08
Quote:
smitferbrainz
Most encouraging thing since the restart to the season. Having due regard to his game time the coaching staff need to get him playing regularly from the start of the new season.

+1

Give him the game time, but please do not treat him in the same way that Alex Waller was run into the ground. This lad needs to be nurtured, developed and protected when necessary.

COME ON YOU SAINTS!
Church's Stand season ticket holder
EMRU Referee

Santiago 22 September, 2020 23:19
Quote:
Abington Adam
Quote:
smitferbrainz

+1

Give him the game time, but please do not treat him in the same way that Alex Waller was run into the ground. This lad needs to be nurtured, developed and protected when necessary.

I don't quite understand that comment - it was only in his sixth season that Alex Waller started more games than he came off the bench for.

smitferbrainz 25 September, 2020 07:54
Quote:
Santiago
Quote:
Abington Adam
Quote:
smitferbrainz

+1

I don't quite understand that comment - it was only in his sixth season that Alex Waller started more games than he came off the bench for.

I think it’s immaterial anyway, the coaching set up is vastly different so it won’t happen. Chris Boyd wouldn’t over play anyone.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net