Latest news:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Boyd Q&A in the Chronicle
Discussion started by Saint Maul , 17 October, 2020 08:06
Boyd Q&A in the Chronicle
Saint Maul 17 October, 2020 08:06
Boyd provides a lot of interesting insights answering some pertinent questions from Tom Vickers

Some points that stood out for me:
- His honesty and humility e.g. getting the Wasps game plan and the 2 team strategy wrong
- He's not going anyway unless he is sacked - so we can stop the speculation he wants to go home
- His unerring belief - Being on a journey of excellence, the coaches and players all bought into the philosophy but recognising having the youngest squad will take time
- The impact on many our players needing to isolate for 14 of 21 days holiday before the new pre-season due to Sale - I feel for the guys

Re: Boyd Q&A in the Chronicle
Santiago 17 October, 2020 10:52
Quote:
Saint Maul
- The impact on many our players needing to isolate for 14 of 21 days holiday before the new pre-season due to Sale - I feel for the guys

When is the RFU investigation into Sale's C19 issues due to be completed/published?

BrianB 17 October, 2020 11:18
That looks suspiciously like a transcript from the saints show from last week.

Saint.Kenneth 17 October, 2020 15:25
Thatís what I thought Brian!

Glad that heís not going (probably). I donít think it would benefit the side to swap head coach again. We know what is possible, we just need to improve what they are trying to do on the pitch under pressure.

BrianB 17 October, 2020 17:31
St K all I think he is saying is he is here for 20/21 season.

smitferbrainz 17 October, 2020 21:59
Quote:
BrianB
St K all I think he is saying is he is here for 20/21 season.

Well, he should do really, heís under contract isnít he?

BrianB 18 October, 2020 09:39
Agreed. My point was that he is not actually promising anything

Walks11 18 October, 2020 11:24
Quote:
Saint.Kenneth
Thatís what I thought Brian!
Glad that heís not going (probably). I donít think it would benefit the side to swap head coach again. We know what is possible, we just need to improve what they are trying to do on the pitch under pressure.

Agree Kenneth.. Rather than Boyd going maybe the doom mongerers should consider who would come in.. at times you should be careful what you wish for. There at least is a plan currently and to some itís taken a hit but getting rid now would throw it all out and would be starting from scratch

smitferbrainz 18 October, 2020 18:08
Quote:
BrianB
Agreed. My point was that he is not actually promising anything

Heís right not to promise anything. That would be very foolish. I think most supporters would be thrilled with top 6. Personally I think weíll be very fortunate to make top 6, canít see that. I see us no higher than 9th.

LeicesterSaint 19 October, 2020 08:15
This may end up looking like a Wilson Pickett post in a few months' time but I really am hopeful of top 4 and expectant of top 6 next season, we shall see.......

Saint Stokey 19 October, 2020 09:19
Anything above 8th would be an improvement.

Boyd's first season, we over performed. In all honesty, I think we've under performed this season so hopefully 20/21 will show us our true position. 5th or 6th would be fair I think.

If we turn up, we are better than Irish, Newcastle, Worcester, Leicester, Quins & Gloucester. Perhaps on par with Bath.

Dragonboy 19 October, 2020 12:01
Quote:
Saint Stokey
Anything above 8th would be an improvement.
Boyd's first season, we over performed. In all honesty, I think we've under performed this season so hopefully 20/21 will show us our true position. 5th or 6th would be fair I think.

If we turn up, we are better than Irish, Newcastle, Worcester, Leicester, Quins & Gloucester. Perhaps on par with Bath.

I think the only way our front row stable would be on a par with Baths would be if we played them in one of the never ending international windows.

Duckonstilts 20 October, 2020 09:21
Thankfully, those windows are never ending ;-)

But we are improving in the front row all the time (bar injuries) and we are much less of a penalty magnet than we were. We still struggle with the truely massive packs but we have skills elsewhere which in theory can benefit. We just have to stop dropping the ball.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net