Latest news:

Next Game: ERCC Sat 26th Sep Away v RC Toulon ko 8.00pm live on BT
Game After: AP Wed 30th Sep Away v Bristol Bears ko 5.30pm live on BT

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Are Sarries in serious danger of going into liquidation?
Posted by: renko
Date: 20/01/2020 11:56
Quote:
tigersince74

If Saracens top the Championship in 20/21 there are eligibility criteria which they need to be in compliance with. One of the criteria is the Salary Cap Regulations. They need to show that in topping the Championship they have done so by complying with the salary cap for the Premiership 20/21 season and the previous season 19/20 which they have just failed. So the earliest they could return is 22/23 season a full two years out of the Premiership.

I read the regulations on Salary Cap compliance for the potential promoted team and thought the same as you however on reading again I am not sure if the compliance actually requires the team to provide evidence of complying for the previous season (in Sarries case it would be 2020/21) and evidence that they will be complying for the season to come in the Premiership (2021/22). I would really like to see clarification of some kind. Of course next season they may well be still unravelling the mess of this season and any payouts for ending contracts if not sorted within this season will count towards the cap in 2020/21 (which in itself presents problems as they will be even more over the cap this season but I presume that's why relegation was the only option). If a player doesnt want to have their contract ended particularly if they can't find a new club or they bring lawyers to the table it could easily rumble into next season Plus they will still have some serious wages to pay if OF's £750K is true. So, it could well be they don't fall within the cap next season either

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net