Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
THE FIGHT-BACK BEGINS!

Latest: BATH 12:25 SARACENS
Next: MUNSTER v SARACENS
Sat 7th Dec Thomond Park 17.30 ECR

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: Sat 7th Dec Munster v Saracens BT Sport 17.00

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Thank you Sarries
Posted by: Sara'sman
Date: 10/11/2019 11:27
Spot on DG. I'm still recovering from a 570 mile round trip but it was worth every soaking mile on the motorways. So, so proud of the performance, the heart shown by the boys.

Wiggy was outstanding, controlling the game, "communicating" with CM-K, Titi a titan dominating the scrum and everywhere in the loose, Clark and Gray played their bodies to a standstill, Isiekwe (almost) a one man lineout, Wray back to is very best, Ö But it was such an unexpected, dominant, controlled performance by the whole team. The physicality of our tackling in the forwards matched by the pace and tactical astuteness of the backs in marking their opponents. Our error count so low in the conditions - and seemingly mainly when we were playing penalty advantage.

A quick comment to ref bashers. How many of you would have spotted Balmain's offence in the non-try, especially when being told to look out for something else and being under such pressure? As will always be the case plenty of perceived "errors", 50-50s going the "wrong way", offences "missed" (both sides should have had a card imv). But he was in total control throughout in a game that could easily have gotten out of and.

A word for the Gloucester players. I've never seen greater respect shown in the post game handshakes. So many players making clear that their disappointment was not going to hide their recognition of a special performance by their opponents. My thanks to the Gloucester lady who won pints for all in her row but gave a lovely warm smile when I asked if she realised she was sharing with Sarries fans - we too were simply rugby fans. And to the young lad from Kent sitting behind me, watching his first ever Saracens game on his birthday, welcome to rugby - you'll see many more eye-catching games, you'll struggle to see greater heart.

Finally, credit too to Shedweb who are able to have a largely polite and balanced discussion re our woes - take this perhaps too generous post for example:

Quote:
Come on Beddis! Sanderson, who is a great coach, has clearly done a fantastic job over the past few days - it's his job to find a way of turning all the negative stuff into a great performance - the shame is that our coaches didn't do their job nearly as well as he did his!
What you guys need to remember is that with the co-investments, they didn't think they were doing anything wrong, and still don't. Their sense of an injustice having been done is real! This really isn't as clear cut as simply paying over the odds. I fully expect the fine and points deduction to be substantially reduced on appeal .

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net