Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
"IT'S AN UNREAL EXPERIENCE, SOMETHING I'VE DREAMT
OF SINCE I WAS 4 OR 5" Josh Hallett

Latest: SARACENS 40:17 EXETER CHIEFS
Next: Sat 19th Sept 15.00 Leinster, European Champions Cup 1/4 Final

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: BT Sport 3 Sat 19th Sept Leinster 14.30

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: EVERYTHING SALARYCAP RELATED
Posted by: fatheralice
Date: 19/01/2020 20:55
Quote:
Sarriebone
Quote:
fatheralice
Quote:
BlackheathSarrie
Its a point with some validity but as an England 23 player your value is going to be in line with that of a starter. It isn't going to be 100Ks off. You also seem to be adding Gray as your International Marquee next season despite already having Hogg on 500K in that role this season. I'll be interested to see how that works.
The salaries of Hogg, Nowell and Slade suggest that there's no allowance being made for joining a club with Chiefs prospects, with great coaches and in a nice location. Those are at least normal market rates, Slade arguably looking pretty generous.
It makes one reflect on the pay given to the rest of the squad. Let me be clear I am not for one second suggesting anything is going on at Chiefs but I am suggesting that you can assemble what looks an unnaturally strong team and it be legal. Also that you can concentrate talent.

You do know how the TWO excluded player slots work, don't you? Must say it very much appears NOT from the above.

Gray will be the 2nd Excluded player, as he is new to the premiership. Hogg can then move to the first excluded player slot.

Seriously, do yourself a favour and read the regulations. You look foolish.

Right back at you, Hogg isn't elligible to be the First excluded player under 3.3 (I) until he's been at the club for 2yrs.

A Club shall only be entitled to nominate a Player as their first Excluded Player who:

(i) has been a Player of the Club for at least two full Salary Cap Years prior to the Salary Cap Year in which he is nominated as the Excluded Player; or

(ii) has not been a Player of any Club during the previous Salary Cap Year, other than a Player who (A) qualifies under Regulation 3.3(c)(i) or (B ) has only been a Player of a Club during the previous Salary Cap Year as a replacement for an Injured Player following dispensation under Regulation 5; or

(iii) has been a Player (but not an Excluded Player) for the Club in the previous Salary Cap Year and was not a Player for any other Club for at least one Salary Cap Year immediately prior to joining the Club.

I take full responsibility for my administrative error, and with humility must accept the embarrassment that now comes.
My post was made in good faith, but perhaps said the wrong thing for the right reasons, but it is important to stress that it was not deliberate. I will be adopting robust governance measures for any future postings.

(Sm133)

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net