Latest news:
New Page 1

Welcome to The Saracens. Our message board is primarily a place for Saracens fans to discuss our club. We welcome posters from other clubs as long as their posts are respectful and not repetitive and our guidelines are followed. To leave a message on this board you must register. To register click HERE,
Non-rugby posts are welcome, but please prefix your subject header with "OT" or "Off Topic".

Thought for the Day:
LOCKDOWN!

Latest: SARACENS 23:14 LEICESTER TIGERS
Next: God only knows!

Audio: Click the link below. If it ain' there, it ain't on!
Upcoming TV: tbc

BBC Online Rugby Union Commentaries

The Fish | Rugby Union News | Fez Boys | Saracens Fixtures | The SSA | Rugby on TV

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Well done Saracens
Posted by: BlackheathSarrie
Date: 08/03/2020 12:18
Quote:
Stopsy
Closer than I feared but annoyed that we didnít select our strongest available squad.

Did you perhaps pick a job to do a specific job? Looked like you tried to put out a pack to bully us at set piece and tbf that worked pretty well with a definite advantage at scrum time and some superb disruptive work at the breakdown. Where it felt a bit short was in ideas in attack. I never really had any feeling of Tigers building pressure as opposed to creating a breakaway moment.

That said I thought young Hardwick stepped up impressively and kicked beautifully. Both Tigers Reffell and your LH prop ably assisted by JP were a nightmare at the breakdown and your locks were hugely impressive. On that performance it seems somewhat odd that Spencer is being let go.

For Saracens I though that Gallagher was very impressive. Give a few weeks ago against Wasps I was wondering what had happened to him this was a return to his best and Munster have a gem for next season. I also thought this was Lewingtons best game, perhaps ever, at Saracens. A real glimpse of how he used to play on a regular basis at LI.

Both Wiggle and Spencer played very well as did Manu. Barritt reminded us of his abilities and variation as a play-maker as well as a direct option and defensive lynch-pin and he worked in tandem with Morris as well as I have seen any centre combination work for us for a while. Another big game from Skelton and if Kpoku is staying rather than moving to Saints and idea for him of the shoes he has to fill. Great as always by Isiekwe.

Lots of positive especially in the second half with some exceptional link play but the moves all to often broke down not under huge defensive pressure but because a player forced the last pass. Sometimes you have to bank a good break and just take the ball to deck and let it be recycled rather than go for a miracle offload.

The big work on for me is at hooker. Both Woolstencroft and Singleton looking good in the lose (although Woolstencroft needs to work on his contact skills) but both continuing to struggle at the lineout. Huge credit to Tigers jumpers who put lots of pressure on us and in some ways kudos to the boys for continuing to try long throws and complex moves even when it was going wrong. It feels like when we're struggling maybe we should simplify things but tbf maybe by challenging themselves they will improve quicker? if so, well done them.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net