Latest news:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: The Championship
Posted by: Banachek
Date: 09/12/2019 15:04
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
Banachek
Four years ago, I was watching a grass roots youth Rugby league game in South London , I was watching my youngest son who was playing for a RL club (during the summer months) . During the game he sat down (as you can only do in RL) an absolute monster of a player on the opposition. That player was Jo Kpoko.
The point is clubs like Saracens who are generally seen as having the best Academy setups and bringing through players and developing them, they look at players from all backgrounds from far and wide including RL.
I think Bath relying on Beechem and a few players from the Uni, is not going to produce a stream of top class players coming through the academy for the future. IMO

They do a bit of everything don't they? Attract players to Beechen for the AASE and unit teams, look at other young prospects released from other academies (such as Obano) and hire from places like Leeds.

Well if you look on the Bath website well over 50% of the academy players are from Beechen and then a couple of other Rugby schools, that's fine i'm sure they are great players with good potential but seems a bit insular to me...

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net