Latest news:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: OT/ Brexit
Posted by: JFPC
Date: 21/12/2019 17:52
Quote:
shipwrecked
Quote:
JFPC
Quote:
shipwrecked
The vote on the 12th Dec gave the current government a mandate to go ahead, much of the election was focused on Brexit.

The remain/second referendum backing parties received about 55% of the votes cast and the brexit backing parties have over 56% of mps elected. The current government have the mps to go ahead with brexit certainly but the mandate would fail any impartial test of democracy. I am aware that this is the system we have, hence my use of 'impartial'.

Yes. those figures have been stated before but the point is that it wasn't a one topic referendum, it was a general election with lots of other issues. Remain isn't the same as second referendum. Scottish voters would even say it was not about Brexit but their Independence vote if you believe Nicola Sturgeon.

There seems to be lot of complaining and moaning going on and on. In sport you fight as hard as you can on the field then shake hands win or lose then work out how to win next time.
Its not identical but its the same attitude to my mind.

If it wasn't a one topic election, where are they claiming their mandate from? (Again, I am aware that they have a majority in the Hoc but arguing from an impartial observer point of view as they only got 43.6% of the vote)
To use your sporting metaphor one side scored more points but the other side won!

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net