Latest news:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: O/T Coping with Self Isolation
Posted by: warrenball
Date: 19/03/2020 07:59
The big problem, as I sit here in Devon, is that everything seems so normal, this is the big problem the government has to solve. My grandchildren who virtually live here have been told they cannot come in the house and they naturally find this distressing and cannot really understand why.

It would help if we had any confidence in the authorities, but we can see from the spokespeople of the government, NHS and other bodies that they put the best spin on it and you really cannot believe much of what they say at face value, complicated that the real answer to most questions is "I don't know"

I am working on the theory that in a few months, if still here, I would rather think I over-reacted than sat on my hands and possibly spread the infection, but we must be sensible, exercise is essential to good health and wellbeing, both physically and mentally. Last night I took the dog in the garden at about midnight, I could have walked for miles inn the country without meeting a soul, no doubt there will be people playing golf as soon as the sun rises, or digging the garden, all of which will do you great benefit without risk. If we stay shut in the house watching daytime television there is no end to the mental damage it can do, but that is easier for me to say living in the country with plenty of land around.

My big concern is for the children not going to school, we do not all live in loving nuclear families, how is the government planning to protect vulnerable youngsters, maybe there should be a register kept by schools of children who may not be properly looked after, they cannot just be allowed to roam the streets without proper food or control.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net