Latest news:
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Heem to Saints
Posted by: WorcesterSauce
Date: 29/01/2018 21:20
TT i was only continuing on from your last sentence ''Particularly with Josh and Heem seemingly likely to be off.''

I think there is every point in comparing them with Adams and Heem as they are who Foden will directlt replace. If we keep bringing in players who are worse than those leaving, we will naturally get worse.

Goode was a bit different as he could kick and he would still do a job at that even now. He was undoubtably decent for us and i don't remember him being mocked when we signed him - quite the opposite in fact. I don't think the same could be said about Foden. Poor mans Pennell IMO and wouldn't even address the 'now problem'. Would he get in the team ahead of Pennell, Hammond or Humphreys? I'd argue no, and i'd also argue i'd even rather see Howe and Hougaard ahead of him on the wing too. Would he require a pretty hefty wage package that could be better spent elsewhere... yes.

Adams is still contracted for another year anyway, isn't he? I think it's probable that 1 of him and Heem will leave but i would be surprised if both packed their bags this summer. If, for instance Adams does, as expected, see out his contract, that would mean Foden would be our third, arguably fourth choice fullback.... just nowhere near worth it.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net