Latest news:
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Press Conference Notes - Season 2018/2019
Posted by: TeflonTed
Date: 07/07/2018 15:00
I think we should rename July as “Optimism Month”.

I recall last year we were mostly positive, and discussing whether “comfortable mid table” was an achievable target than the more realistic “safe 8th/9th”.

Well, we all learned the error of our ways didn’t we.

All the indicators are that this season the changes in management, along with excellent recruitment, make this discussion worthy of repeat.

The caution being, as others have mentioned, that we are not the only premiership club taking positive actions over the pre-season.

My belief is that Bristol won’t settle as quickly as they’d like, despite impressive recruitment, and that both Quins and Saints have difficulties that will take some time to turn around.

My pre-season feeling is that we’re looking at 8th best, 9th most likely, 10th a disappointment.

Diarised!, I’ll remind myself, and either gloat or keep schtum as appropriate.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net