Latest news:
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Press Conference Notes - Season 2018/2019
Posted by: A38
Date: 27/12/2018 16:39
[warriors.co.uk]

Director of Rugby Alan Solomons spoke to the media ahead of Saturday’s Gallagher Premiership match at Saracens.

Here’s what Alan had to say:

On the Northampton match
It was very disappointing. We were on the back foot in the first half but we were only 12-3 down at half-time.
The turning point came when they scored an interception try midway through the second half. That was a 14-point score.
We have got to look after the ball better. I am confident that the lineout will be sorted out.

On the trip to Saracens
They are one of the top teams in Europe, they are at home and they are coming off the back of a loss at Exeter.
It will be a tough and challenging afternoon.

Will Ben Te’o play?
Ben will definitely be involved and I can see him starting this weekend.
Ben has been very unfortunate with injuries since I arrived at Warriors. But he’s worked hard in training, he’s been enthusiastic, he’s a good player and I’m sure he will give a good account of himself this weekend.

Scott van Breda’s new contract
Scott is a good bloke and a good rugby player. He’s a versatile player who can play 15 or 10 and he’s also a good goalkicker so to have someone with his degree of versatility adds value to the squad.

Injuries
Ryan Mills suffered a bruised wrist against Northampton and is unlikely to play this weekend.
Marco Mama has got some soreness behind the knee he had surgery on.
Niall Annett he is recovering from the head knock he suffered in Pau.
Jamie Shillcock has an ankle injury and is unlikely to play in January.
Cornell du Preez will have an operation next month to remove a cyst. Once he’s had surgery we will get a clearer picture but he’s unlikely to play this season.
Cornell has done some cardio-vascular and gym work but what he has been through is traumatic and we have given him some time away.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net