Latest news:
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Press Conference Notes - Season 2018/2019
Posted by: A38
Date: 26/03/2019 17:38
[warriors.co.uk]

Head Coach Rory Duncan spoke to the media today ahead of Saturdayís European Challenge Cup quarter-final against Harlequins at Sixways (kick-off 8.15pm).

Hereís what Rory had to say:

On beating Bristol
It was a very important win for the club. It got relatively tight towards the back end but it was good to come away four extremely valuable points.
When Bristol scored their last try and got close to scoring another we were under a bit of pressure but we held them out defensively. We won a scrum on our own line and managed to hold the ball for the last 15 to 20 seconds.

Duncan Weirís kicking
I was chuffed when he walked up a grabbed the tee to kick that penalty from halfway.
It shows the value of Duncan as a player. He has done it for us a number of times this season and with him to step up in a big game like that, I was very pleased with him.

On the quarter-final
The guys are very excited about it. Thereís been a real buzz around the club this week as we step into Europe.
We didnít set out thinking that down the line that we would be in a play-off at home.
As a group the players had belief that they were going to win. We have played quite a few of the younger guys in this competition and a lot of them have put up their hand for opportunities.

Likely selection for Harlequins
A lot of games in Europe have come after a couple of Premiership games so we have broken up our season into different blocks.
This time the players had a rest before Bristol. We have made changes and rotated the squad but I donít think there will be too many changes this week.

On Harlequins
Itís a great opportunity for a lot of the players to play in a quarter-final and fight for that semi-final position.
I donít know what Harlequins strategy is but I imagine they will have the same mindset as us and go strong which will make for a great game.
They are a quality outfit, they have got good depth as well. Even if they do make one or two changes we anticipate it will be a good contest.

Injuries
Jono Lance is going through the return-to-play protocol and we will make a call on him later in the week.
Francois Venter has gone through the protocols and passed his return-to-contact protocols so he is fit and he will be in consideration for selection.
Cornell du Preez is now available for selection. Itís exciting to have him back. Since heís been back in full training the last couple of weeks heís put in some big hits. I think heís been testing himself to see if heís ready to go and he certainly looks ready to go.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net