Latest news:
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Ouch!
Posted by: Ginger Blueboy
Date: 12/02/2020 12:08
Ringfencing by stealth.

Really hope no club ends up folding as a result in next 2-3 years, but it wouldn't surprise me. All but 3/4 will inevitably switch to semi-pro/amateur though.

Lack of any notice is big issue, that and the 50% left only guaranteed until 2021. Would be wise for all clubs to plan for having to pay everything inc. medical costs on their own after next season. Suspect shareholders' issue will be called for either this season or next. Also, as much as I personally would loathe it, suspect a change to ticket prices of some sort will result.

I'd really like to see 'a mate's rate' sort of scheme which Bristol used to run when in our division for some games to maybe help soften blow for some if there is to be a rise in ticket prices. I believe they had a 10 for 100 scheme. Perhaps the normal stand and ground ticket matchday prices would rise by 1/2 and season tickets by the equivalent of a game. But then at least for ground tickets, there could be more innovative sales/promotions like the great Ladies' Day 2 for 1/Emergency Services Free Game - what about 10 for 140/150 for ground tickets for certain games and a game each season which really focuses on students?

On the field, Blues may well end up stronger force next season as a result of this because we'll have less turmoil than other clubs/those with lower crowd attendances and no sugar daddy will have to cut their cloth more than us.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net