Latest news:
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Haskell
Posted by: Bazzo
Date: 02/02/2018 15:54
Quote:
GHA
Quote:
SirBurger
Coming from someone who seems to enjoy nothing more than criticising the coaches/selection/recruitment, it seems a bit rich to say 'who are we to argue'!

I think the coaching staff at the moment aren't up to scratch, and think the results show that. I would like change because whatever we are doing at the moment isn't working, and we are almost out of time. Fingers crossed for the next month of games though. I also think recruitment needs an overhaul because it's been poor for a while now. I've never criticised selection.

When I say 'who are we to argue' it's not me that's arguing with the idea of bringing Haskell in...

You've never criticised selection? You always say that recruitment has been poor, but I never see any solutions to your argument? Who should we have signed that we did not? it is so easy to criticise the recruitment because of our league position (and the coaches) but I never see any positive contribution. I always think that our recruitment is ok, in the financial world that we obviously operate in. We are after bargain basement as well as bringing through our academy lads. I think that Kendo has done a great job bringing the young players through, TBC, Joe, Johnny, Fowlie, Atkins, Parton, Cooke etc and signings like Hoskins, Franco Van DM, Coman, McNally, Seb De C, Max NG, are all good players as well as the more experienced Franks, Marshall, Tonks etc etc. We got badly hit by Topsy's injury and Nalaga especially, but you can't predict injury.

To criticise recruitment, you would have to know the budget and none of us know that. I think that you criticise only because we are bottom (which you and lots are entitled to do) but truth is we are shopping in a different league money wise, we are too good for the Championship budget wise but not good enough for the Premiership.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net