Latest news:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Leinster v Saints
Posted by: HungryLikeTheWolf
Date: 15/12/2019 17:27
Quote:
smitferbrainz
Quote:
Wilson Pickett
He meant half the first team Ajack, come on mate

Leinster Lady thank you.

In what other competitions do teams from the same group play in the QF?

Madness

Same reason that in the Premiership play offs 1st plays 4th and 2nd plays 3rd. Being the “best” qualifier gives you the privilege of playing the “worst/ weakest” qualifier. “Rank has it’s privileges” as a senior manager once told me wanting to put me in my place (he didn’t). It would be unfortunate if we did qualify as the last place team and did end up having to play them again. For me it not about playing them again the the QF, I’m just fed up at continually having to play them in Europe, be a change to play say Connacht for once and not because they aren’t so good as Leinster. Just be good to play other teams. We ended up playing against Castres for year on year, that was a bore too for me.

On yesterday we all knew we’d be in with a serious chance of a tonking, we’d debated it all week. Well, no surprise was it? It was great to score 3 tries. 2 tries better than last week! Great experience for some of the younger players. Saving some of the more senior players and giving them rest and a chance to recover a bit. We got nailed, most expected it, I certainly did. We’re still in this. We can beat Benny with a 5 to get 14 and we have a shot at the QF’s. If we beat Benetton and lose to Lyon we’ll probably come 2nd in our group but probably won’t qualify. Actually I hope that this is the case so we can rest up a bit and go for the Premiership. But at the end of it all it wouldn’t surprise me if we do qualify, draw Leinster away and beat them! Then the tune of the Leinster v Saints thread will be different won’t it?

Of course it’s about seeding but IMHO you shouldn’t be able to play a team from your group. The logic is simple too, not just that it’s boring playing the same side 3 times (the governing body may have forgotten that this is a spectator sport) but also we’ve been in a group with one of the top 2 sides. That therefore made it harder for us to qualify and as such should be adjusted.

It happens in other competitions but this is rugby which is still backward in some areas.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net