Latest news:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Leinster v Saints
Posted by: Saint Stokey
Date: 16/12/2019 09:17
Aside from the result, I thought for the most part, our young players showed what potential they have. They never gave up when it would have been totally understandable to have let their heads drop, especially after the first 2 tries.

Then there were the senior players that showed their class. I thought Biggar, Proctor & Big T were immense, but you can't do it on your own. I don't know if having the full first choice side available would have made much of a difference though.

I was a little unsure why we had to play the end with only 14. We saw Bean being refused when he looked like he was coming back on. What was the reason for that? Because he came off for a tactical substitution?

Overall, proud of the team and i think we'll learn from the experiences and get better as a result.

Other than that, a huge thanks to all the Leinster fans that we met. Everyone really welcoming and there was some great banter from both sides! Even Leinster fans around us were singing "Oh when the Saints" is support of us. I think they were well aware of the gulf in class and appreciated that we came to play the full 80.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net